Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program / M&E Assistant
Job Requisition ID: 2023200122
Locations: Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Sokoto, Yobe, Borno, and Bauchi
Job type: Full time
Supervisor: Field Coordinator, Alive & Thrive Project/Nigeria
- The Nigeria Alive & Thrive (A&T) MIYCN social and behavior change program focuses on improving the delivery and expanding the coverage of MIYCN interventions that contribute to reducing maternal, newborn and child mortality and morbidity.
- A&T will work across the public and NGO sectors to improve MIYCN through A&T’s four components: advocacy, interpersonal communication and community mobilization, mass communication, and strategic use of data.
- At the national level, A&T will predominantly work with its public and NGO sector partners to improve the implementation, monitoring, and enforcement of key MIYCN policies (e.g., Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes; maternity leave; workplace support; breastfeeding-friendly health care and delivery facilities).
- A&T will also work in seven states—Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi, Yobe, Borno, and Sokoto—to apply the four components to reach households, communities, and facilities with targeted, age-appropriate social and behavior change communication (SBCC) messaging on MIYCN practices.
- At both the national level and in the seven states, emphasis will be to build the capacity of the public sector (primary healthcare facilities) and local NGOs/CBOs to improve MIYCN practices, advance MIYCN policies, expand the promotion of positive social norms, and extend timed and age-appropriate behavior change messaging through commercial facilities to households and communities.
- Alive & Thrive Nigeria is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and managed by FHI Solutions.
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Program/M&E Assistant performs functions related to administrative support, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of activities for the Alive & Thrive Project, Nigeria.
Program Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administrative/Operational Support: Ensure all recorded/tracked data is accurate and meets program monitoring and reporting needs; provide general procurement/administrative actions as needed; schedule team meetings; manage electronic filing system; and other administrative duties, as assigned.
- Support Program Procurement and Financial Actions: Facilitate, monitor, track and process payments for vendors and consultants, supply orders, and other procurement duties, as assigned.
- Support Program Activities: Provide general research and troubleshooting support for team; and contribute to partner report sections, as requested.
- : Maintain professional standard of communication with colleagues, consultants, and beneficiaries; and ensure work style contributes to team building and a professional environment where colleagues can work together productively
M&E Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Write reports on activities carried out in the field including site visit reports.
- Provide technical assistance to project implementing partners in building capacity in the use of data collection tools, monitoring and evaluation, and analysis.
- Conduct monitoring and supportive supervisory visits to project implementing sites.
- Receive, enter, and analyze data from the sites as needed to produce reports and provide feedback to the line manager.
- Support concrete proposals for the implementation of methods to improve the management and quality of project data.
- Ensure the archiving and security of data and various project reports.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by his/her supervisor.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of nutrition, health, and development programming in a developing country.
- Working knowledge of donor policies as well as international not-for-profit organizations.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
- Basic budget tracking or financial management skills.
- Training and presentation skills would be an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and a self-starter attitude
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and other relevant software.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS/BA in Public Health, Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, Social Sciences, International Development, or its recognized equivalent with 1-3 years of relevant experience in similar position with international development programs.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Prior experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: