Haske Humanitarian Aid Initiative (HHAI) is a women and youth-driven organization established in the year 2022, and since its establishment to date, the organization has striven to continuously interface and engage with key stakeholders at all levels to support in addressing gaps in the health sector, improve nutrition indices, and women’s agency, health, and socio-economic empowerment from the grassroots level which will provide an enabling environment and a robust healthy community. We strive for positive change in the way the community response to the health and socio-economic well-being of women, young adolescents, and children under 5 and to achieve an immediate and lasting change in their lives by providing the enabling environment. Across all our work, we pursue several core values: Honesty. Accountability, ambition, professionalism, collaboration, creativity, and integrity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer, Health
Employment Type: Volunteer
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
- The Program Officer will provide programmatic operational support for the implementation of Meeting Targets and Achieving Epidemic Control (EpiC) GF TA (C19RM) program activities. S/He forms part of the team that coordinates overall implementation of the C19RM TA support across the 3 focus areas.
- S/he will also be specifically responsible for components of the Operation, Management Support & Capacity Building component to the TA support to the grant team at NACA.
- S/he will liaise with the Program Officer and other assigned teams in NACA for program planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the TA implemented by EpiC in the different assigned entities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide programmatic and administrative support to the teams in the implementation of TA support. Support the team in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of activities focused on achievement of the goals of the project
- Ensure adequate and timely activity implementation through periodic work plan review, monitoring of expenditure and initiating corrective actions to mitigate financial risk to the organization and adherence to donor and organizational policies and guidelines
- Maintain program monitoring checklists and budget tracking tools to effectively supervise deliverables and burn rate of project activities based on approved workplan
- Support advocacy and engagement with stakeholders and gatekeepers including C19RM sub-recipients on critical issues to get buy-in for smooth operationalization
- Review, collate and submit routine (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly) progress reports from sub teams.
- Facilitate filing of accurate documentation and maintain a database of all progress reports, internal and external meetings etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc in Public Health, Business Administration, Medical Sciences, Behavioral or Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 1 - 3 years relevant experience with international development programs including COVID-19 program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Medical Sciences, Behavioral or Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 3 – 5 years relevant experience with international development programs including COVID-19 program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- B.Sc / BA in Public Health, Business Administration, Medical Sciences, Behavioral or Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 5 – 7 years relevant experience with international development programs including COVID-19 program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Extensive knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (USAID, Global Fund) as well as international not-for-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of COVID -19, health systems, and related issues.
- Proven ability to coordinate a multi-sectoral development project.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, community mobilization and advocacy skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work as a team member.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Send their CV and Cover Letter as a single PDF document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
By submitting your application for this position you agree to HHAI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse, and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Care Best Initiative (HHAI) provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
- This is emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Cover Letter, and CV together in one Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.