Idmibok International, also known as 360 HSDC is a health community-based organization registered in Nigeria, that works in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical health, institutional and development related issues. 360 HSDC achieves this by collaborating with global and local development and private entities, such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. The organization has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in emergency environments, humanitarian activities and development in diverse environments and ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Location: Katsina Ala, Benue
Employment Type: Contract
The Program Officer will grow the program by working in collaboration with staff of the organization in directly contributing to the success of the project by delivering technical assistance and providing subject matter expertise and support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptualize, plan and manage 360HSDC’s support to the HIV/AIDS testing program in the State, with focus in the Katsina Ala LGA
- Coordinate key program strategies and results for the project
- Overall monitoring and analysis of the program environment and advise on timely readjustments of strategies and activities
- Identify new areas of support and facilitate implementation of new initiatives
- Close communication with all stakeholders and promotion of 360HSDC’s mandate; provide recommendations and program/policy advice based on results
- Liaise with government and civil society counterparts
- Organize and participate as a resource person in advocacy meetings, round-tables, training workshops and other meetings related to specific HIV/AIDS issues
- Review, analyze, and evaluate technical reports and other materials relating to the project
- Represent the project in technical forums at field level
- Participate in the donor progress report writing, continuation application and quarterly review report writing and presentation.
- Provide technical support for weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual project performance reviews
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences, Psychology, Sociology, Public Health, Development Studies, or other related Social Sciences or Medical Degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 years minimum experience, in all-inclusive HIV testing services with focus on index case testing (ICT) and targeted PITC, PMTCT, with a mix of both community and facility strategies.
- Knowledge of Katsina Ala LGA
- Knowledge of the local communities, cultures and geography of Benue State and Ukum LGA.
- Knowledge of new business development for health, proposal writing and budget development.
- Knowledge of company's main clients and its operations.
- Resident in Katsina Ala LGA or willingness to relocate to Katsina Ala LGA in Benue state
- Good verbal and written communications skills and ability to draft and deliver timely quality evaluation reports.
- Fluency in English required; Fluency in any local language in the project state will be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
12th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title & Location (Program Officer - Katsina Ala) as the subject of the email.
- Indicate your familiarity with the Katsina-Ala LGA in the body of your email and cover letter.
- Candidates living in Katsina-Ala LGA are preferred