The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Associate, USAID AN National Food Systems Dashboard
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: 12 Months
We are for seeking a Programme Associate to support with the implementation of specific project activities under the USAID AN National Food Systems Dashboard project.
About the Role
Under the supervision of the Senior Advisor on Food Security and Nutrition and through consultations with institutions and other personnel working on the NFSD (National Food Systems Dashboard) and FSCC (Food Systems Command Centre), the Associate will facilitate communication among stakeholders; organize logistics for meetings, workshops, trainings, and other activities undertaken as part of the project; liaise with any vendors or suppliers engaged by the project; and contribute to the technical aspects of developing the NFSD and FSCC.
- Supporting with project delivery for the sub national food systems dashboard work in Sokoto, Kebbi and Bauchi states project activities
- Ensuring that all project activities are completed in line with the agreed workplan preparing and ensuring timely submission of implementation, progress, and financial reports
- Engaging with government partners to determine and document institutional arrangements for developing and managing the NFSD and FSCC
- Organising events at both federal and state level to engage and collaborate with stakeholders
- Communicating with project consultants to track the delivery of contractual outputs in a timely manner
- Supporting timely flow of project-related information between project partners
- Producing periodic donor reports and support with the relevant logistics and communication documents related the project
- Perform other tasks within the technical area of the project, as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture, Nutrition, Food Science, Food Safety or related field
- Master's Degree in relevant discipline such as Public Health, International Development, Anthropology, Sociology, Economics, or a suitable equivalent
- Professional experience engaging with government partners and diverse stakeholders in a programme or project support role
- Experience participating in research projects, monitoring, and evaluation, and data collection
- Experience organizing stakeholder engagement activities, including meetings, workshops, and trainings
- Working on food systems related activities
- Knowledge/Familiarity with food systems and nutrition indicators and data
- Computer literacy with good Excel, MS Word, Outlook, and Power Point skills and internet applications
- Results focused and able to work in a team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good project management skills alongside good partnership/stakeholder management skills
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented
- Strong administration, logistics, coordination and facilitation skills
- Ability to write analytical and technical reports
- Good interpersonal and effective communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environment
- Flexible, adaptable, and available to take on other tasks or duties as requested by the supervisor.
Salary and Benefits
- The starting salary on offer for this role is from NGN 6,897,828 - NGN 7,876,788 per annum, depending on experience.
- GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
- We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
- GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Application Closing Date
27th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
- Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in one of advertised locations to be considered for this position. Please note that GAIN is currently unable to sponsor working visas.
- The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.