Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programs Officer
Job Requisition ID: 2022201260
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Supervisor: Project Director
Under the supervision of the Project Director, the Program Officer performs functions related to planning, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of activities under assigned portfolios in FHI 360 Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the PD in assuring effective planning, implementation and management of assigned projects in FHI 360 Nigeria.
- Assist the PD in strengthening systems for reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks, according to FHI 360 and the respective donor guidelines.
- Assist the PD in the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Assist the PD in the provision of programmatic assistance to local FHI 360 partners in implementing their sub agreements.
- Assist the PD in capacity building efforts aimed at local Implementing Agencies (IAs).
- Remain informed on current programs and research in the health and development field; improve skills by working closely with international prevention specialists.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS / BA in Public Health, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 5 – 7 years of relevant experience with international development programs.
- Or MS / MA Degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 3 – 5 years relevant experience with international development programs.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
Knowledge, skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country.
- Basic accounting and financial management skills.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (Global Fund) as well as international not-for- profit organizations.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Proven ability to coordinate a multi sectorial development project.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: