SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Security Coordinator - M/F
Location: Nigeria (TBC)
Contractual Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Fixed-term-contract
Contract Duration: TBC
- Work with the Ubeta Project to assist in achieving all security objectives in line with the Project HSEQ Policy and Total Energies Security requirements.
- Follow up with all Project activities and ensure adequate security coverages to prevent any loss of life and assets.
- Develop a Security Plan for the project and ensure Contractors and Sub-Contractors Security plans are issued and approved.
- Advance on personnel training through periodic security briefing to enhance performance.
- Ensure availability of security gadgets for the GSF personnel.
- Supervise the implementation of approved security procedures in all project sites.
- Plan and execute every escort movement of project personnel.
- Liaise with other security forces through the assistance of the Company Security Department.
- Collect and process request for project personnel as it relates to security
- Update and advise project personnel regarding the present security situations
- Plan, organize all security need of the project personnel.
- Work in tandem with other security outfits to safeguard personnel and prepare security teams for emergency response.
- Make estimates for security needs at events and other functions within and outside the project main site.
- Supervise and monitor security personnel performance/Escort movements
- Set up a means of communication between the office and the team on every escort movement for effective monitoring.
- Assign an OC (officer-in- charge) for effective supervision, collation and gathering of intelligence for analysis during and after each escort movement
- Periodically audit Security Compliance to Rules and Standards and propose improvement plan.
- Report process performance, Security breaches, incidents, and downgraded situations.
- Make recommendations and sanction for any erring security personnel
- Process and present daily/weekly/monthly security report statistics.
- Provide Security and VPSHR training Induction for new entrant to the project
To all Total Energies Affiliate and Project rules and regulations with particular interest to the Company HSE management system.
- Familiarize self with TEPNG emergency procedures, carry out assigned responsibilities safely and report any incident, unsafe act, or operation
- Ensure all personnel under his/her supervision are well trained and aware of their HSE responsibilities with continuous monitoring.
- To fully comply with office security, health, and safety instructions.
- To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
- To participate actively in anomaly reporting
- To fully comply with Security rules about Travelling in Nigeria
- Bachelor's Degree at minimum; Social Sciences, Engineering or Biological Sciences.
- Master's Degree in any Security related study will be an advantage.
- Professional Experience (number of years): 10
- Experience within project : (number of years): 7
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- Advanced knowledge in a field of Science, Security, or related discipline
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas Facility systems, principles, and methodologies
- Knowledge of national and international Security laws/regulations
- Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of Security of subcontractors or consultants
- Skilled in oral and written communication
- Prior practical work experience in office settings (e.g., managing security team and programs within a Project, budgets and staff) and field security (e.g., construction execution) performing the responsibilities listed above.
English (D-Full professional proficiency).
What Can We Offer You?
We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: