Pro-Health International is a faith-based, non- profit organization that has provided free health care services to under-served populations in Nigeria and Africa for over 30 years. Mainly volunteers drive our Free Healthcare arm.CDC and USAID have supported PHI to implement HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care projects since 2007.a 5-year grant to implement the Global security, and USAID funded OVC project.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Health Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Public Health Officer(s) will directly support development, maintenance and operation of public health response mechanisms at assigned Points of Entry (POE) according to the project’s scope for effective border health surveillance.
- The Public Health Officer(s) will serve as a thematic lead for POE types, coordinating the implementation of operational standards across the country through the POE Centre of Excellence Program.
- Support the provision and strengthening of SI technical guidance to partners on data collection, collation, basic analysis and reporting and information use for informed decision making.
- Conduct routine data validation and periodic data Quality Assessments for supported PoE(s).
- Support the development of public health contingency plans in assigned POE(s) and the institution of public health emergency management teams at the same POE(s)
- Serve as primary point of contact between Port Health Services and IRPHEN+ for designated program areas and POE(s)
- Provide technical assistance, as needed to the PHS formations across the country
- Prepare, review and/or edit project progress reports (monthly, quarterly, annual, etc.) in accordance with donor reporting standards
- Participate in, coordinate and/or lead program development and proposal preparation efforts, as needed
- Conduct in-depth analysis in assigned projection implementation areas
- Support the Public Health Specialist; backstopping for assigned program areas, ensuring all program objectives and goals as assigned are met in compliance with IRPHEN+ workplan
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Public Health Specialist, SI Specialist, Program Manager and Primary Investigator
Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor's Degree in Public Health, Behavioral Science / Health Education, Biostatistics, Emergency Medical Services, Environmental Health, Epidemiology, International / Global Health.
- A Master's in Public Health (MPH) is required.
- A Bachelor of Medicine Degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in public health programming in Nigeria is required
- Be flexible, have the ability to work well under pressure and be open to a substantial amount of travels.
- Verifiable public health implementation experience
- Be able to give feedback to partners within and outside the organization about the use of the resources and the results acquired
- Possess strong professional oral and writing skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents for consideration at the highest levels of the Organization.
- Have the ability to work tight schedules, multitask and work in teams in order to meet project goals
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- Strong analytical and information dissemination/presentation skills
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter along with their Resume / CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
This job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Pro-Health International is an equal - opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.