Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Control Laboratory Assistant
Job ID: IbesePlantQA001
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Job type: Full time
Category: DCP - Operations
Provide support in the testing of mines samples and assist with the maintenance of equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the analysis of raw materials, intermediate and finished samples.
- Collect samples according to approved quality plan.
- Carry out preliminary preparation of sample collected for X-ray analysis.
- Carry out sieves and moisture analysis of samples.
- Prepare slides and make microscopic observations.
- Ensure cleaning of sample collection points.
- Assist in managing inventory of chemicals and laboratory items including glassware in the laboratory stores.
- Escalate any identified deviations from target quality standards promptly to the supervising Technologist.
- Recommend and implement improvements to the plant’s laboratory operations and maintenance of lab equipments and instruments.
- Ensure effective house-keeping in the laboratory.
- Assist in the maintenance of ISO quality management systems in the unit.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic lab analysis and activity reports.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Quality Control & Assurance or relevant supervising Technologist.
Education and Work Experience:
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Laboratory Technology
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of laboratory terminology and equipments.
- Ability to handle samples and operate lab equipments.
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: