We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations across Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership, and partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: RMNCAH+N Specialist
Job Code: CSU 0021
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Do You Have What It Takes To Join Us?
- We are in search of innovative, creative, and self-motivated talents with outstanding skills and proven track records in the advertised position.
- A reliable individual who is committed, audacious, accountable, and passionate (females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply) with strong core values to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices in the following capacities
- A reliable executor who is flexible and can hit the ground running in aiding the organization achieve its goals as it aligns with saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for the most vulnerable. If this typifies you, kindly read on:
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- The Lagos State G-ANC/PNC Deployment RMNCAH+N Specialist will provide technical support to the Lagos state government and her agencies and parastatals for the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities, strategies and policies around RMNCAH+N with particular focus on integrating post GBV support services into maternal and child health in designated sites across the 20 LGAs in the state.
- The incumbent will collaborate with other members of the CSU team to develop the technical components of annual work plans, draft technical sections of quarterly reports, and ensure project technical objectives and deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- The RMNCAH+N Specialist collaborate with and support advocacy to and engagement of critical stakeholders including the Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH), the Lagos State Primary Health Care Board (LSPHCB), Community gatekeepers, religious leaders etc. for smooth implementation.
- RMNCAH+N Specialist will support the Lagos state government to strengthen linkages and integration between sexual and reproductive health (SRH), Maternal Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) services and HIV/AIDS programs, working closely with other stakeholders and implementation partners active in the state.
- The post holder will demonstrate concerted effort to stay abreast of new developments, literature and evidence generation in relevant technical areas and integrate them into the project, attending workshops, conferences and meetings as appropriate.
- The incumbent will coordinate the implementation of the adolescent GANC/PNC package of care including adolescent specific FP and post-abortal care for teen mums, working closely with the Lagos state government and other members of the CIHP Lagos state team including the AP3 lead and OVC focal persons and the state technical lead.
- The RMNCAH+N Specialist will ensure work closely with MEAL counterparts to ensure weekly, monthly and quarterly data collection, data management and analysis, directing the use of gender disaggregated data to identify gaps in access and uptake to ultimately improve service delivery of high impact interventions for GANC/PNC models of care in Lagos state.
- The Lagos State G-ANC/PNC Deployment RMNCAH+N Specialist will provide technical supervision for state-led cohesive approaches and interventions geared towards holistic improvement of maternal and newborn outcomes in Lagos State.
- Other duties as assigned as necessitated by program needs.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Registered Nurse / Midwife, Medical Doctor or Public Health Specialist. (RN/RM, B.Sc Nursing or MBBS)
- A Master's Degree in Public Health will be an additional advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years clinical experience in RMNCAH with at least 1 year of team leadership or supervisory responsibilities.
- Clinical experience in maternal and child health service provision in Nigeria.
- Work experience and familiarity with GoN structures in Lagos state will be an added advantage.
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature in providing group Antenatal and Post Natal Care Services.
- Ability to follow program directives and direct interventions, using problem-solving skills to contextualize and adapt implementation.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office applications and remote conferencing software. Experience in training and capacity building.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to speak a local language will be an added advantage.
- Ability to influence, motivate, negotiate and work well with others.
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement (not more than 200 words indicating position and location) in Microsoft Word format to: [email protected] using the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME as the subject of the email e.g. CSU 0021 RMNCAH+N Specialist - Lagos - ADESUWA NWACHUKWU.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as applications sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Grant duration - Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance.
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received