The NSIA-LUTH Cancer Center (NLCC) is West Africa’s most renowned center dedicated solely to offering premium cancer care, research, education and prevention. Our aesthetic facility stands distinct within the walls of the prestigious Lagos University Teaching Hospital and boasts of world class, state-of-the-art equipment and facilities that deliver international standard Cancer care in a comfortable and safe environment. Our Clinical team comprises of highly skilled and experienced in-house Clinical and Radiation Oncologists, Oncology Nurses and other multidisciplinary specialists with a proven track record of excellence in clinical leadership and expertise in the field of Oncology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radiographer
Location: Lagos (On-site)
- Prepare for patient simulation
- Explain procedures to the patient
- Carry out CT simulation
- Take necessary measurements and pictures as it relates to patient care and treatment;
- Acquire CT images and send them for contouring;
- Document and record procedure in the unit treatment journal;
- Provide clinical briefing to patients and their families, the details of treatment, possible side effects, number of days the patient will be on radiotherapy and other necessary adjustments.
- Inspect radiation equipment like CT, LINAC, IMMOBILISATIONAL devices, to ensure they are operational and function effectively;
- Ensure compliance with safety guidelines procedures and standards to prevent undue exposure to radiation;
- Ensure patients are positioned properly for radiation;
- Keep records of treatment information such as radiation dosage, equipment settings and patient’s response to radiotherapy;
- Assist oncologists and physicists to develop treatment plans for cancer patients;
- Monitor patients to check for the side effects of their treatments and make appropriate recommendations or changes to their treatment plan where necessary;
- Ensure proper sterilization of equipment and utensils used before the next appointment;
- Provide an offline review of patents by supervision and make necessary adjustments where necessary;
- Dispense radiation dose during brachytherapy treatment.
- Candidates should possess a Diploma or Bachelor' Degree in Radiography with a PGD in Radiotherapy;
- Must have 2-4 years of experience in clinical practice.
- Must be licensed by the Radiographer registration board of Nigeria (RRBN);
- A Radiographer with Diagnostic experience and interest in Radiation Therapy
- Previous exposure to the international atomic energy agency (IAEA fellowship, seminars and workshop;
- Hands-on knowledge and experience in Brachytherapy will be an added advantage.
- Previous attendance in ARN conferences or any RRBN continuous development programme is an added advantage;
- S/he must be able to communicate (read and write) in the English language. The ability to speak another local language will be an added benefit to the role and unit;
- An excellent team player with good time management skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application Letter and updated CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.