CarePoint is a chain of healthcare facilities dedicated to offering the highest quality of health care services at affordable cost. CarePoint health facilities are situated across several local government and communities in Lagos state, specifically. We currently own two (2) facilities across Lagos and part of our mission is to expand.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registered Midwife
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Registered Nurse/ Registered Midwife is responsible for Working as part of a team to deliver babies and provide antenatal and postnatal advice, care and support to women, their babies, their partners and families, plan and provide medical and nursing care to patients in the hospital who are suffering from chronic or acute physical or mental ill health.
- Promote and restore patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; supervising assigned team members.
Registered Nurse / Registered Midwife:
- RN/RM will examine and monitor pregnant women, assess care requirements, and write care plans, and undertake antenatal care in CarePoint hospital.
- Carrying out screening tests, providing information, emotional support and reassurance to women and their partners, taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures, and blood pressures, caring for and assisting women in labour.
- Monitoring and administering medication, injections, and intravenous infusions during labour, monitoring the fetus during labour.
- Advising about and supporting parents in the daily care of their newborn babies, helping parents to cope with miscarriage, termination, stillbirth and neonatal death.
- Writing records, tutoring younger nurses/midwives
- Assist with checking in patients, doing triage work for doctors and generating initial insurance paperwork.
- Work closely with doctors to keep patients and their family members updated on test results or treatment recommendations.
- Make arrangements for patients that are deemed to need care requiring them to be admitted to the hospital for one night or longer.
- Perform gynecological exams, educate patients on health, nutrition, and family planning
- Take patient vital signs, perform tests to obtain information about patients’ medical conditions.
- Counsel expectant mothers on birthing plans, including hospital care, birthing centers, and other options.
- Provide emotional care for mothers during birth, arrange prenatal planning and care for mothers.
- Prepare for birthing by following all health and safety standards
- Coach mother through birthing process, perform deliveries and assist caesareans, tend to the health and well-being of both the baby and mother during the process.
- Assist surgeons and physicians in caring for the mother during complicated births
- Weigh and measure newborns, monitor patient’s vital signs and heart rate during birth.
- Study patient history and health assessments.
- Communicate stages of birth to family members.
- Explain and demonstrate breastfeeding techniques.
- Monitor patient postpartum and be available for questions or concerns
- Participate in research and further educational opportunities
- Perform CPR or other emergency measures if needed
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Safe Care standards.
- Active Participation in the SafeCare quality improvement activities.
- Any other requirements assigned by HR/Head of Nursing Services
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited School of Nursing and Midwifery and certification from the Nigeria Nursing/Midwifery Council.
- Valid nursing license.
- 2+ years’ experience in nursing
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.