ABNL Limited was incorporated in 1992, as an Oil and Gas servicing company, with a vision to provide professional engineering and technical services to the Oil and Gas exploration and production companies in Nigeria and the West African sub-region. Since its incorporation the company has grown in leaps and bound, expanding its business horizon but still within the Oil and Gas sector.
ABNL is a 100% owned indigenous firm, with a shareholding in excess of 100 million Naira. Its’ directors are individuals of proven integrity, who over the years have acquired the requisite experience in the Oil and Gas business, as well as in the banking and finance sector. The integrity of the directors and the staff of the company have been a priceless contributive factor in the growth and wellbeing of the company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety, Security, Health, and Environmental (Gen) - Nurse I
Employment Type: Contract
- A Nurse I provides occupational health services at a site or operation typically with a more experienced colleague.
- Typically Registered Nurse (RN) with occupational health experience or Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN).
Tasks and Responsibilties
- Provides and documents services relating to routine and non routine Occupational Health care of employees and others as determined by local site management within the professional scope and standards of license in collaboration with other health professionals.
- Knows of and adhere to local policies, procedures and regulations. May also be involved in the development and implementation of these policies.
- Analyzes and evaluates information to determine and communicate Fitness For Work including the following: case management of injury/illness, routine and non-routine travel preparation, occupational evaluations
- Performs, analyzes, and evaluates Health Screening data to identify possible workplace exposures as required by global Medical and Occupational Health (MOH) and applicable local laws and regulations. Makes recommendations to management based on individual results.
- Liaises with external medical services providers to ensure services provided are delivered in accordance with ExxonMobil guidelines.
- Conducts Drug and Alcohol Specimen Collections and trains others according to ExxonMobil Alcohol and Drug Use (ADU) testing procedures.
- Actively participates in MOH and Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) committees, projects and initiatives. May involve some lead responsibilities at a local level.
Skills And Qualifications
- Current practicing license; B.Sc in Nursing Second Class Upper (2:1); BLS, ACLS valid certification.
- Additional Comments for suppliers: 2 years post-graduation experience required.
- Behavioral Skills: analytical, communicates effectively, courage of conviction, manages risk
- Functional Skills: clinical case management, clinical testing, exposure assessment and controls, health education and promotion / counseling, infectious disease control program management, medical and research ethics, medication clearance assessment, occupational evaluations, occupational health laws, regulations, and company standards, occupational health program management, travel health preparation and assessment, emergency preparedness and response
- Nursing degree, Advanced Nursing degree, Physician Assistant or equivalent.
- Detailed knowledge of occupational medicine, emergency medical response, toxicology, legal issues relevant to occupational health care.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.