We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations across Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership, and partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Health Informatics Associate (Software Development)
Job Code: SI010
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the design, adaptation, and maintenance of all systems that support utilization of Data Repositories.
- Support the optimization of existing internal data repository to support enhancement of mobile apps and innovative platforms for program support.
- Provide support to all program staff at state and central offices to utilize the databases for program implementation monitoring and program results dissemination.
- Support and facilitate trainings on the use of data management and analysis tools, including visualization dashboards, mobile applications, and MS Office products to team members.
- Support review of data collected and reported to locate and fix problems with data entry errors, integrity, and concurrence.
- Track utilization of deployed software and database tools in line with the intended reporting and data output requirements for both internal use and donor reporting.
- Provide technical assistance for the development and implementation of a systematic data analysis process of data outputs from the electronic information systems.
- Enhance the organization’s Research and Public Health Evaluation activities in Nigeria, with an emphasis on generating new knowledge using existing program data captured in the electronic information systems by optimizing processes for generation of advanced data analysis to further research, surveillance and public health evaluation goals and objectives.
- Support the deployment of the electronic information systems to new sites and track utilization.
- Participate in the development and/or adaptation, monitoring of use and modification of M&E tools, Standard Operating Procedures, and Data flow processes and procedures to align with e-platforms.
- Provide technical support for the design and content development for electronic information systems (NMRS, NOMIS, training Database, PDA applications and any other organization software or database tools) used for program monitoring and support.
- Perform routine spot checks and monitoring visit to project sites operating electronic information systems.
- Troubleshoots HI and EMR challenges, and institute follow up mechanisms for best resolutions.
- Support the development and/or adaptation on mobile application to support program implementation leveraging existing platforms.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Higher National Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Medicine, Information Technology or related field.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience Local or International NGOs; preferably in HIV Care and treatment.
- Experience with use, deployment and EMR systems management.
- Knowledge of Java, C#, React, and PHP are required; other programming language is a plus.
- Knowledge of MySQL and MsSQL are required; PostgreSQL is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of Mobile Application development and packaging.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows and Linux OS.
- Good HTML and CSS skill set.
- Ability to troubleshoot and run database queries.
- Ability to work under pressure cooperatively as a member of a bigger data driven team.
- Ability to analyze and interpret large amount of information.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good and functional coordination skills.
Application Closing Date
26th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: [email protected] using the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME (e.g. Senior Health Informatics Associate (Software Development) SI011 - Abuja, ADESUWA NWACHUKWU) as the subject of the email.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received
- Females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Grant duration- Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance.