Action Health Incorporated (AHI) is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating opportunities for young people’s successful transition to a healthy and productive adulthood. We envision a world where every young person can reach their full potential. We work with young people, community leaders, government agencies, the private sector and other stakeholders to ensure that policies and programmes are emplaced to accomplish this goal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Nurse / Clinical Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-time
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Applies medical knowledge & skill in overseeing the delivery of outpatient and/or inpatient consultations, and treatment respecting protocols in targeted health facilities and mobile health outreaches
- Ensures all medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times, reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected
- Conducts health surveillance in the programme sites, including host community and internally displaced persons (IDPs) based on agreed methodologies
- Works with the field-based health and CHEWs to establish, implement and monitor community-based management of health services, coupled with patient follow-up, referrals and education for their better management and supervision at the community level.
- Identifies opportunities for program development and oversees training programs for the health staff and Supervises the use of materials, equipment and supplies for the intervention.
- Prepare timely reports of activities implemented to the Programme Team Lead
- A Degree in Nursing, Community / Public Health or a related field from an accredited academic institution will be an added advantage
- Registered Nurse with over 5 (five) years of relevant clinical experience
- Valid license to practice nursing in Nigeria
- Relevant professional work experience in public health or life-saving health, SRH and protection/GBV activities including familiarity with the Emergency/ humanitarian context with at least two years in a supervisory role
- Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office applications.
- Teamwork: Ability to develop and promote effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Action-oriented and able to produce and deliver quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seek to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Take ownership of achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for your own action and delegated work.
- Flexibility & adaptability: Willingness to conduct monitoring and supervisory activities in crisis-affected local government areas.
Application Closing Date
10th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Letter of Application along with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] clearly stating the position applied for and their full names in the subject area of the email.
- AHI is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.