Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNI) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNI is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNI currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Global Fund is a 21st-century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases. The Global Fund raises and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most in need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion dollars in the fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria in Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor - Laboratory Services
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Senior Technical Advisor-Lab. Services will provide technical leadership and oversight of all aspects of the AHNi laboratory services in Nigeria.
This includes infrastructure upgrading of mainly public sector laboratories in the program, supply chain management and all laboratory best practice aspects, capacity building of lab scientists at service and management level, laboratory maintenance, quality assurance and improvement, and an advisory role to the Government of Nigeria in the organization and system strengthening aspects of cost-efficient laboratory services with defined quality standards on tertiary, secondary and primary service level.
Advise on new technology development and its application in the Nigerian context.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MD/PhD in laboratory services or similar degree with 7 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years of relevant supervisory experience.
- Or MS/MA in laboratory services or similar degree with 9 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years relevant supervisory experience.
- Or BS/BA in laboratory services or similar degree with 11 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years of relevant supervisory experience
- At least 3 in establishing and managing laboratory services in developing countries including CD4, HIV viral load and HIV early infant diagnosis, TB culture and TB drug sensitivity testing.
- Certification of license to practice as medical laboratory scientist required
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems, international donor organizations, NGOs and CBOs is required.
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their suitability statement (application) and CV as a single MS Word document to: [email protected] using the "Job Title and Location" as the subject of the email.
AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AHNI does not charge candidates a fee for a test or Interview.