Demyhealth Clinic and Genomic Medicine (DCGM) is the pioneering Genomic medicine services in Nigeria in partnership with a UK based ISO certified bioscience laboratory in delivering over 5000 tests in Nigeria, including test not currently offered by any lab in Nigeria. We specialize in Invitro-diagnostics, in addition we also service Life science industries such as Pharmaceutical, Veterinary, food & beverage industries via our subsidiary company GTL.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sonographer / Sonologist
Job Field: Medical / Healthcare
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Role of the Sonographer (also known as sonologist) is to prepare patients for appointments, perform ultrasounds, review the images they produce, known as sonograms, discuss with the medical director, and occasionally maintain the machines in use.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Choosing the appropriate settings and adjusting the positions of the patients accordingly.
- Monitoring and caring for patients during procedures to ensure their safety and comfort.
- Preliminary findings are used to select and examine images, look for differences between healthy and pathological areas, and determine if the scope of the exam should be expanded.
- Completing necessary documentation and keeping patients’ histories and medical records.
- Assisting doctors and medical teams during invasive procedures.
- Sonographic equipment maintenance and cleaning
- Determines appropriate equipment to use and selects appropriate equipment settings to provide medical practitioners with diagnostic information
- Calculates procedure details such as exposure length and intensity, as well as recording equipment settings.
- Determines whether images are suitable for diagnostic purposes and chooses images to show medical practitioners
- Using sonographic equipment, identify and record the appropriate anatomy and pathology.
- Maintain sonography equipment properly and report equipment failures.
- Reports should be written based on the scan results and completion.
- Make use of your ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Work independently or with little supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Manage multiple priorities and projects while remaining flexible in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic as well as a friendly and cheerful demeanor.
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality possible
- Taking a patient’s medical history and explaining the procedure
- Supporting patients during the imaging and/or testing process by answering questions about the procedure
- Using ultrasound machines to generate high-quality diagnostic images
- Examining test results or images for accuracy and coverage, and capturing additional images as needed
- Differentiating between normal and abnormal findings
- Keeping track of findings in patients’ records
- Upkeep of diagnostic imaging equipment, such as ultrasound machines and transducers.
Application Closing Date
6th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.