KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable TB control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Coordinator
Vacancy Number: C018
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: The Central Project Coordinator
Position in the organization
- The State Coordinator will support and ensure widespread and equitable access to and delivery of safe and effective COVID-19 vaccinations to unvaccinated individuals at community and facility level; support health system strengthening and integration of services at supported service-delivery points in selected USAID TB LON supported states in Nigeria, by supporting the NPHCDA’s SCALES strategy.
- Advocate and engage key stakeholders; the SPHCDA , STBLCP and other key actors (state and LGA level) in COVID-19 vaccine program
- Conduct situation assessment working with the SPHCDA to determine the extent of need /gaps of logistics; cold chain and other supportive structures (e.g., human resources and power) for routine vaccine programme at the LGA and community level.
- Support continuous sensitization and awareness creation at LGA, ward and community levels through traditional and religious structures, especially at the community levels with gatekeepers to ensure social mobilization, community acceptance of the intervention and, to foster accountability and public discourse on enabling an environment for equitable COVID-19 vaccine access and acceptability at community levels
- Strengthen the COVID vaccination systems already supported by PSM for monitoring and availability of COVID-19 vaccines to LGA stores, with weekly updates to ensure stock-outs or unavailability are mitigated.
- Support distribution of COVID-19 consumables (anaphylaxis kits, paper towels, gloves, cool boxes, face visors, face masks, hand wash, hand sanitizers, syringes, gauze/alcohol pads, waste bags, etc to LGA stores.
- Support capacity-building of community healthcare workers on RISK COMMUNICATION AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT (RCCE) to integrate COVID risk communication and vaccine promotion messages.
- Ensure deployment of ‘WOW Keke’ complemented by portable digital X-ray machine (DLB) and Truenat or TB Lamp to distant and hard-to-reach communities to provide integrated health services with COVID-19 vaccination and other reasonable medical concerns.
- Ensure distribution of relevant and culturally acceptable IEC materials and communication tools
- Strengthen recording and reporting tools and daily monitoring of activities, adverse events following immunization (AEFI) and provision of guidance at state immunization command centers.
- Coordinate other support as well as other state level engaged consultants on the project.
- Ensure monthly conduct of joint supervision, monitoring and evaluation with the TB program and other key stakeholders.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Who are we looking for?
Minimum of a Degree in Medicine. Additional advantage includes Master’s Degree in Public Health or other relevant Public Health disciplines.
Knowledge / experience:
- Possess strong management, interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
- At least 3 years’ experience working with: HIV & TB or health prevention program at various levels
- Experience with USAID or UN projects or any development partner is an advantage.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills.
- Competent with operational plan development, implementation and evaluation of results.
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work.
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging manner.
- Proven working knowledge and fluency in written and oral English required.
- Fluent oral and strong analytical, written English communications skills are required .
What do we offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) short-term contract with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance.
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated.
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues.
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday; 6th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV including 3 professional references and a Motivation Letter stating their LGA to: [email protected] using the Job Title, Location and Vacancy Number as the subject of the email.
- We only consider applications that are received through the KNCV TB Foundation Nigeria recruitment email.
- For more information, please contact us via: +234 (0)9030349255 .