Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Strategic Information Consultant, Data.FI Nigeria
Requisition ID: req12043
Location: Jalingo, Taraba
- In April 2019, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded the implementation of the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) cooperative agreement to a consortium led by Palladium. Data.FI is a $180 million, 5-year project which will serve as USAID's primary mechanism for data, technology, and health information systems to support HIV activities across strategic President's Emergency Program for AIDSRelief (PEPFAR) countries as part of a suite of large-scale global HIV programs representing the next generation of HIV/AIDS programs. The project will play a key role in USAID's goals of helping partner countries on their journey to self-reliance and transitioning local organizations to prime recipients of US Government funding.
- The project's overall goal is to improve in-depth global, regional, and national analyses of HIV epidemiologic and program data that can be directly applied to expedite the achievement of PEPFAR targets to attain and sustain control of the HIV epidemic.
- The focus also includes directly supporting host country governments and implementing partners to enhance existing health information system platforms further to inform management responses to well-defined HIV/AIDS programming gaps.
- To ensure rapid access to high-quality data, Data.FI is working towards accelerating data utilization to rapidly course-correct and take to scale cost-effective and impactful activities, models, and approaches required to attain and maintain HIV epidemic control; scaling and optimizing in-country health information system capabilities to collect, exchange, adapt, govern, and visualize information to track the attainment and maintenance of HIV epidemic control, and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners.
Purpose of Position
- Palladium is seeking a Strategic Information (SI) Consultant to support the USAID and Data.FI Nigeria SI teams and in collaboration with U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief( PEPFAR) service delivery implementing partners (IPs), the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) and relevant Taraba State Ministries, Departments and Agencies (the State Ministry of Health, Taraba State Agency for the Control of AIDS (TACA), State Ministry of Women Affairs) to leverage weekly PEPFAR high-frequency reporting (HFR) data to support control of the HIV epidemic in the state.
- The SI Consultant will work with the Data.FI Nigeria SI Advisor and TACA to implement a field-based strategy to create regular forums for sharing achievements and challenges with stakeholders, generate analysis at state level for key priority indicators, by promoting peer-exchange and problem solving. The Consultant will be reporting to the SI Advisor, with overall supervision provided by the Senior Regional Data analytics and Use Advisor
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to PEPFAR high-frequency reporting (HFR) and optimal use of the automated partner performance (APPR) platform at the state level; facilitation of access across hierarchies.
- Support TACA and State Ministry of Health in institutionalization and implementation of the HIV/AIDS program situation room; standardizing the data review approach across the State LGAs , partners and other stakeholders.
- Support implementation of weekly data reviews for rapid action methodology at State level and across hierarchies.
- Support implementation of a unified data use strategy and data review guidelines
- Conduct data collection and collation at State level
- Working with the Strategic Information Advisor(s), support implementing partners to facilitate and support HFR processes to identify barriers to data use and generate solutions to address those barriers.
- Support documentation of best practices and development of data use cases at the State level.
- Implement data quality strategies and activities at State level and other hierarchies as advised.
- Conduct regular analysis and reviews of State level performance on key priority indicators.
- Work with stakeholders (Implementing partners and focal States) to develop, disseminate, and monitor implementation of data utilization plans.
- Any other duties assigned per the dynamic programming environment.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Health Informatics, Computer Science, Monitoring and Evaluation or a related field.
- At least five years’ experience working with health management information systems or routine health information systems.
- Experience working with HIV/AIDS and OVC programs, including DHIS 2 preferred.
- Skills in data analysis with proficiency in a statistical package i.e. Stata, SPSS, advanced excel, or Business Intelligence applications.
- Previous experience conducting State/LGA, and facility data assessments and data reviews.
- Working knowledge of patient-level and aggregate data management systems.
- Ability to work well under pressure, skills in crisis management and problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English; ability to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: