We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with head office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in search of highly skilled, dynamic, committed, bright individuals with good work ethics and high level of integrity to work with our highly experienced team. If your energy for our vision of saving lives, along with technical skills match our need to keep delivering a Program that continues to strengthen the health system in Nigeria then apply if the position suits your skills and abilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Associate - Procurement
Job Code: SCU ABJ 0027
- The Procurement Associate will support Procurement officer to strategically develop and implement commodity/supply chain strategies throughout the organization to reduce costs.
- The incumbent will assist with the commodity portfolio within the scope of the strategic sourcing process to drive cost out of the supply chain by managing commodity and negotiation strategies, sourcing, supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and supply chain rationalization; and logistics - lowest total cost of supply.
- The position will assist with the coordinating the selection and management of vendors so as to provide the organization with the highest levels of quality at the lowest landed cost while ensuring adequate capacity, on-time delivery, and commitment to continuous improvement.
- A key responsibility is the provision of timely feedback to requestors concerning the status of orders/service and also ensuring enquiries and complaints are addressed promptly and satisfactorily.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently develop, negotiate, execute and administer, all types of unique, complex, high risk, legally binding contracts for goods, trade services, personal and professional services.
- Consults with legal department and grants manager when appropriate to minimize the organization’s liability exposure by ensuring contracts and purchases meet legal, statutory, policy and procedural compliance.
- Coordinate contract amendment process, ensuring that amendments are in compliance with original solicitations and contract statements of work.
- Responsible for procuring, commodities, equipment, furniture, supplies and miscellaneous services in support of the operational requirements of the organization;
- Coordinate all phases of contractor selection process. Understand, recommend and apply the appropriate method of solicitation, evaluating the risk associated with the contract, advertising format, insurance requirements, methods of compensation and other matters concerning procurement
- Administer and manage executed contracts. Develop and update policies, templates and forms involving all aspects of purchasing, risk management, contracts/agreements and property renovations.
- Design, develop, and provide training to procurement personnel in use of policies, procedures and purchasing practices.
- Oversee the storage of all purchased commodities following required storage policies and conditions.
- Conduct customer service visits to supported sites/facilities to meet with maintenance and management staff to discuss purchasing, property, and risk management.
- Coordinate and assist supported facilities with asset management including the disposal of surplus property.
- Research, prepare and/or coordinate special projects as requested by the Director, Supply Chain or other senior management.
- Meet with the other managers and Directors as needed to discuss integration of property and purchasing responsibilities with general financial responsibilities and information.
- Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor or his/her designate.
Qualifications & Skills Knowledge & Abilities
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy / Supply Chain, Logistics or related field with prior experience in procurement and supply chain management;
- Minimum 2 years professional experience of supporting international procurement and distribution of health commodities such as medicines, laboratory reagents, hospital and laboratory equipment and personal protective equipment
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving;
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- Significant international work experience in large scale HIV/AIDS, TB or Malaria program and health commodity logistics, and/or supply chain strengthening essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Strong influencing skills at senior levels to influence acceptance of a new way of working
- Ability to negotiate at the highest levels with suppliers
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion. Committing to a course of action without undue delay or prevarication.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Event management skills and corporate representation acumen
- Problem solving skills with the ability to dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Strong PC application skills, including complement of MS Office software, with strong capabilities in Project & Access.
Application Closing Date
24th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Submit their Current CV and Suitability statement not more than 200 words indicating position and location in Microsoft Word format by email to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION, AND APPLICANT FULL NAME; e.g. "COM01 Abuja, JOHN BULL".
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Residents of the Location(s) stated and its environs are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.