Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting a suitable candidate to join our team in the capacity below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor - Community Health (REACH Project)
Job Type: Fixed term contract for the period of 5 years
- We are recruiting for a Technical Advisor - Community health for the REACH Project. This position can be based in any of our country offices, which include Nigeria, Uganda, London, Mozambique, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Togo, Burkina Faso, Chad and our Asian offices.
- The Technical Advisor for Community Health will be responsible for the technical quality of services provided in the area of case management community-based health services.
- S/he will work with the Technical Lead (Objective 1) in providing technical oversight of the program on the components under her/his direct responsibility.
- S/he will ensure that the project activities are of high quality and adhere to PMI technical guidance and latest global policies and practices.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Master’s Degree or Higher in Public Health, or other related area in particular public health related discipline, preferably with a strong malaria program component.
- Substantial experience in global health with a focus on malaria case management, in particular at community level.
- Extensive experience in community health, malaria and communicable diseases control.
- Experience at senior level in a technical role which involves working closely with national government counterparts.
- Strong experience in mentoring senior, high-calibre technical staff.
- Demonstrated experience building capacity of Ministries of Health and/or National Malaria Control Programs in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Ability to travel internationally – at least 40% of the time.
- Effective English oral and written communication skills is required.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- This role is conditional of Malaria Consortium securing funding for this role.
- Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.