Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting a suitable candidate to join our team in the capacity below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor, Malaria Diagnostics Specialist REACH Project
Employment Type: This is a fixed term contract for the period of 5 years.
- Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Technical Advisor Malaria Diagnostics Specialist for the REACH project. This position can be based in any of our country offices, which include Nigeria, Uganda, London, Mozambique, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Togo, Burkina Faso, Chad and our Asian offices.
- The post holder will provide technical support under REACH Malaria with a focus in the area of improving malaria diagnosis.
- The Technical Advisor - Malaria Diagnostics Specialist will contribute to strategy and technical direction for interventions to improve malaria diagnosis and assure the quality of the work undertaken to promote malaria diagnosis in the public and private sector.
The successful candidate will have:
- Substantial experience in global health with a focus on malaria control and elimination
- A Master’s Degree or Higher in Public Health, or other related area in particular laboratory-related discipline, preferably with a strong malaria program component.
- Extensive experience in malaria/communicable disease diagnosis and quality assurance
- Experience at senior level in a technical role which involves working closely with national government counterparts
- Strong experience in mentoring senior, high-calibre technical staff
- Demonstrated experience building capacity of National Malaria Control Programs in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Ability to travel internationally – at least 40% of the time.
- Effective English oral and written communication skills is required.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- This role is conditional of Malaria Consortium securing funding for this role.
- Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.