First Cardiology Consultants (FCC) is a company created with a vision to be the avant-garde providers of cardiology and cardiovascular services of the highest quality in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Theatre / Preoperative Nurse
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Fulll-time
- We are looking for a competent and experienced Perioperative nurse/Theatre nurse who has experience in cardiac thoracic surgeries to assist our surgeon during operations and keep the operating room sterile at all times.
- The candidate needs to possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of operation procedures and patient safety.
- The ideal must be compassionate and goes one step further by being a critical thinker, fast to act in emergencies.
- Assisting Surgeons during surgical procedures (cardiac thoracic surgeries) in theatre.
- Administration of drugs via oral, intravenous, intramuscular, dermal, topical, inhalation and subcutaneous routes and identification of drug reactions and adverse effect
- Collaborating with surgical Teams and other medical professionals on patient medication and post-surgery care, Performs neurologic assessment and area specific assessment depending on the case of the patient
- Oxygen administration via nasal cannula, face mask, non-rebreather mask, and bag valve mask ventilation
- Providing surgical patients with perioperative care in recovery, procedure, operating room and performing head-to-toe assessment on all patients
- Provides support and adequate education to the patient and family, including them in formulating plan of care
- Circulating/scrubbing patients during and after surgical procedure
- Inventory taking and keeping proper Documentation by updating patient files and medical records at the Medical records unit
- RN/B.Sc. Degree with up to 4 years and above experience and in a similar role
- Experienced in cardiac thoracic surgeries.
- Training and Certification in relevant nursing specialties and procedures (RPON certification.
- Full registration with Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria with a valid practice license.
- Experience in theatre/demonstrated relevant clinical nursing experience, preferably in a surgical or orthopedics environment.
- A good team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains confidentiality in matters relating to patients and family and client facility staff.
- Resuscitation skills and procedures-BLS, ALS, PLS
- Attention to details
- Professional and ethical
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.