The candidate for this position must have a good knowledge of Operational Safety and occupational health in an E&P Company with capacity to promote and maintain the health and wellness of workers as well as recommend ways to reduce and prevent hazardous exposures in the work place. He is expected to have an in-depth knowledge of offshore/swamp production engineering and operations, occupational safety and health. The candidate must be able to work in a team environment, and effectively communicate within and outside the company.
Must have worked in a similar position for at least eight (8) years in a reputable E&P Company.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Provide initial first aid for minor injuries and diagnosis on medical conditions
- Monitor work conditions for potential dangers
- Conduct Inspection of work area and equipment used by workers for safety compliance
- Educate workers on preventive measures against occupational hazards
- Conduct training for first aid. CPR and health programs as well as physically examine employees and take medical histories for Company files.
- Provide medical counsel and support for employees in Company work locations
- Prepare appropriate accident reports
- Champion the enforcement of standards and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy working environment
- Manage medical records. create emergency workplace preparedness plans and evaluate care delivery systems
- Promote good health among Company employees and maintain effective communication with line Manager regarding healthcare and safety.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree. Nursing or Occupational health with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division. A Master's degree or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Continued overleaf
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Only qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, CVs and scanned/clear corporate passport photographs to [email protected] not later than two weeks from the date of this publication Monday, 23 August 2021 with position applied for as subject of the email. Applications will be treated in confidential manner. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.