As part of our Human Resource Development Initiatives, the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is embarking on Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship Programme to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the local content proramme of the current administration as well as compete globally in various professional disciplines. The scheme is for suitably qualified applicants, with relevant Bachelor's/Master's Degrees from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
1. Agricultural Sciences
3. Environmental Sciences
5. Information Technology
7. Management Sciences
Applicants must possess the following:
1. First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class-Lower division for those wishing to undertake a Master's Programme.
2. Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a Foreign University.
3. Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas' Universities are NOT eligible to apply.
4. Guarantor's written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant's Community/Clan.
a) Member of National Assembly/State House of Assembly
b) Chairman of LGA
c) First Class Traditional ruler
d) High Court Judge
5. Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered.
6. Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
MODE OF APPLICATION
1. Application must be made on-line at the Commission's website: (www.nddc.gov.ng) with the following attachments:
· Recent passport photograph
· Local Government Identification Letter
· Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized Oversea's University.
· Relevant degrees from recognized Universities.
· NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
2. Successfully complete application form will be assigned a registration number automatically.
3. Print the hard copy of the on-line gene rated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
4. All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website (www.nddc.gov.ng)
For further enquiries, please contact:
Director, Education, Health and Social Services, NDDC
Mobile: +234(0)84668158 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
All completed applications must be submitted 20 days from the date of publication.
The Commission (NDDC) will not enter into any form of Communication with candidates who were not shortlisted for the Computer Based Test (CBT), those who were not invited for oral interview or candidates that were not successful during the oral interviews.
Preferences will be given to candidates from Oil Producing Hos/Communities/Local Government Areas as long as candidates meet the approved cut off mark. The Commission will ensure a fair spread of courses amongst beneficiaries within each State.
Deferment, Change of Institution and Course are not permitted.
The Commission reserves the sole and absolute discretion to select in line with the above stated criteria and its internal consideration. The decision of the Commission in this regard is final.
NDDC ...Determined to make a difference