Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into Full-Time Postgraduate Programmes in the Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna for the 2019/2020 Academic Session. The sale of Online Application forms shall be open from 12 July 2019- 17 September 2019 at a rate of Ten thousand Naira (10.000.00) The following degree programmes are available in the Faculties and Departments:
FACULTY OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
1. Department of Accounting and Management
a. PhD Accounting
b. MSc Accounting
2. Department of Economics
a. PhD Economics
b. MSc Economics
3. Department of Geography
a. PhD Geography
b. MSc Environmental Management
4. Department of History &War Studies
a. PhD Military History
b. MA Military History
C. MA International Studies
5. Department of Political Science and Defence Studies
a. PhD Defence and Strategic Studies
b. MSc Defence and Strategic Studies
6. Department of Psychology
a. MSc Clinical Psychology
b. MSc Military Psychology
FACULTY OF MILITARY SCIENCE AND INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDIES
7 Department of Computer Science
a. PhD Computer Science
b. MSc Computer Science
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
8 Department of Electrical/Electronic Engineering
a. PhD Electrical/Electronic Engineering (Electronic & Communications)
b. M Eng Electrical/Electronic Engineering (Electronic & Communications)
9 Department of Civil Engineering
a. PhD Civil Engineering (Geotechnics/Structures)
b. M.Eng Civil Engineering (Geotechnics/Structures/Water Resources & Environmental)
10 Department of Mechanical Engineering
a. PhD Mechanical Engineering (Production, Thermofluids & Energy)
b. M.Eng Mechanical Engineering (Production, Thermofluids & Energy)
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
11 Department of Biological Sciences
a. PhD Parasitology
b. PhD Medicinal & Poisonous Plants Studies
c. MSc Parasitology
d. MSc Medicinal & Poisonous Plants Studies
e. MSc Biotechnology
12. Department of Chemistry
a. PhD Chemistry (Organic)
b. MSc Chemistry (Material Science & Explosives)
13. Department of Mathematics
a. PhD Mathematics (Applied/Pure Mathematics)
b. MSc Mathematics (Applied/Pure Mathematics)
14. Department of Physics
a. PhD Physics
b. MSc Physics (Nuclear and Radiation/Solid State)
15 The requirements for the various programmes are as follows:
a. Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree: A candidate for PhD Degree must possess a minimum of Second Class Honour (Lower Division) at Bachelor's Degree and an academic Master's Degree in the proposed field of study from a recognized University. In addition, the candidate must have scored an average of not less than 60% or CGPA of 3.50 on a scale of 5 at the Master level.
b. Masters (MA. MEng and MSc) Degree. A candidate seeking admission into the Masters Degree programme shall be a graduate of the Nigerian Defence Academy or any other recognized university. Such candidate must possess a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) in the relevant field of study.
DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
16. Each student admitted for PhD or Master's Degree must pursue a FULL-TIME course of study and research in the Academy. Depending on the degree in view, the following conditions are also applicable:
a. A student for the Masters degree shall pursue the programme for 2 years (4 semesters).
b. Candidates for PhD degree shall pursue the programme for 3 years (6 semesters). At the expiration of the period of study for any given programme, a student who has not completed his/her programme shall be withdrawn from the Academy.
17. All candidates for PhD and Master degree programmes may be requested to sit for qualifying examination. Dates will be communicated to candidates.
18. The Academy reserves the right to step down any programme prior to commencement without notice.
METHODS OF APPLICATION
19. Online application: Upon purchase of Access Codes, prospective candidates should follow the link on NDA website www.nda.edu.ng or log to pgapplications.nda.edu.ng to complete the Online application Form.
For further enquires please contact. The Secretary, Postgraduate School, Nigerian Defence Academy, PMB 2109. Kaduna - 08035902949.
20. CAUTION The general public should beware of fraudsters who may be impersonating the Academy. For this reason, applicants are advised to contact the NDA to clear any doubtful information.