INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
Location: Borno (Based in one of the following location: Bama, Dikwa, Ngala, Magumeri and Monguno)
Reporting to: Clinical Supervisor
INTERSOS is looking for a Nurse to provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients according to the protocols applied and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the beneficiaries
To undertake health programme activities guaranteeing the efficient and effective sensitization, mobilization and participation of the targeted communities, thereby maximizing programme performance
The nurse shall ensure that supportive supervision is given to the community mobilizers, Health Assistants, guidelines set in the health protocols are followed during programme implementation
The Nurse shall also ensure that every beneficiary receives adequate medical examination, the required routine and prescribed medication and referral for additional treatment, as appropriate and according to the protocols.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment in the targeted HF and in the mobile clinic
Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, performing consultations and other minor medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family when necessary.
Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed ;
Be available to oversee screening, treatment and follow up of malnourished patients in the field sites when called upon.
Ability to head the outreach and hygiene promotion team and guide community health volunteers from time to time
Participate in planning and undertaking health surveys, rapid assessments, as well as in the monitoring and evaluation of the health program activities
Responsible for providing inputs and data for monthly health activities’ reports in timely manner.
Participate and update progress in weekly technical meeting with health staff.
Responsible for accurate record keeping, ordering and accountability of health equipment, supplies and drugs (Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material , etc.)
Ensure the quality of the health service given in all different locations meet the expected standards.
Responsibility for the day to day management of project site activities and staff.
Conduct trainings to build the capacity of staff/volunteers, MoH staff and the community at large.
Performing other related duties within the clinic as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma in Nursing from an accredited institution
- Diploma in Nutrition will be and additional advantage
- At least 2 years post qualifying experience in a similar environment as the project sites above
- Possession of a valid practicing certificate
- Experience in implementation of nutrition program will be an additional advantage
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Manages effectively his/her own time as well as flexible and available to work overtime when needed
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and Hausa Languages
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
- Honesty and integrity and being able to cope with stressful situations.
- Minimum one year work experience with international/national NGOs and/or local authorities in the Nigerian context;
- Strong listening and empathy skills, as well as commitment to supporting women and children survivors/ at risk;
- Ability and motivation to work well with local authorities, local leaders and local community;
- Computer literate (Word and Excel);
- Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases.
Application Closing Date
19th July, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Candidates interested in this position should complete this form and attach your CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
Only applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!