Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the above named School for a 1-year course in Perioperative Nursing beginning from November 2019 leading to licensing by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria as Registered Perioperative Nurse (RPON) The course is designed to equip Registered Nurses (RN) with the theoretical underpinnings and skills required for providing safe, effective and acceptable perioperative care to the Nursing clients.
1. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Be Registered Nurses (RN) with current practice license of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Have at least five (5) credit passes at not more than two (2) sittings in English languages, Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Chemistry from WAEC or NECO O’level examinations’.
- Have at least one (1) year post qualification experience as a General Nurse.
- Approval for one (1) full year of release from employers or other training Schools.
- The course is offered as both residential and full time. The school reserves the right to rusticate any student found to be involved in another course or employment during training without refund of fees paid.
2. METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application form is available beginning from Monday 3rd June, 2019 through the UCH SCHOOLS’ PORTAL at website https://portal.uch-ibadan.org.ng. Interested individuals are to do the following;
- Make a payment of a non-refundable fee of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) only through any commercial bank into University College Hospital, Ibadan T.S.A. Account- Perioperative Nursing School. Teller to be changed to receipt at UCH Accounts Department.
- Make a payment of Two Hundred Naira (N200.00) only into Oyo State Nursing & Midwifery Committee Account, First Bank Plc. 2019704292.
- Present both the UCH receipt and First Bank teller for the payment of N200.00 at the Perioperative Nursing School to collect PIN (Personal Identification Number) for login and online application submission.
- Go to the portal on https://portal.uch-ibadan.org.ng, download the Applicants’ User Guide and enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number) to login and create your account. (v) Follow instructions on the Applicants’ User Guide to input your data and submit your application online.
- Print 2 copies of your form and Photo card and submit for authentication at the Perioperative Nursing School.
3. METHOD OF SELECTION PLEASE NOTE:
- Applicants shall be notified of the date, venue and time for Computer Based (CBT) Entrance Examination through their e-mail addresses and text messages.
- Only candidates with authenticated (stamped and signed) Photo cards shall be allowed into examination venue.
- Only candidates who attain acceptable standard at the examination shall be invited for interview or considered for selection following interview.