Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Postgraduate programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, master’s degree. Master of Philosophy and Doctor of Philosophy in the various FacuIties/Schools/institutes of the University of Benin
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Institute of Education
- Institute of Public Administration and Extension Services
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Life Sciences
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Physical Sciences
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- College of Medicine and Medical Sciences
- School of Basic Medical Sciences
- Centre of Excellence in Geosciences (CoE)
- Centre of Excellence in Reproductive Health Innovation
- Centre for Forensic programmes and DNA Studies
- UNIBEN/AERC Collaborative Ph.D programme in Economics
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- A Candidate for postgraduate studies in the University of Benin must have obtained at least five (5) creels in WASC. NECO. GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents) NOTE: A CREDIT PASS IN MATHS AND ENGLISH IS REQUIRED.
- Four credit at Ordinary level, plus OND (not pass) NCE, IJMB or Advance level passes or any other equivalent.
- A holder of a Pass (Degree/Diploma) is not qualified for admission into the postgraduate programme of the University of Benin. In addition, all holders of 3rd class degree must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Masters programmes.
- Candidates who obtained Master’s degree but with Weighted Average Score (WAS) between 55.0-59% can only be considered for admission into the M.Phl. programme in the first instance.
- A candidate applying for the Ph. D. in any programme of the University of Bonn must have obtained a minimum weighted average score of 6h0% in the Master’s degree.
- A candidate applying for the PhD with a Master’s degree from any other University who in his/her Masters study has not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents similar to the ones in the University of Bent shall, on admission, be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60%
Candidate should request for their transcripts from their former institution by clicking on the link www.etx-ng.com/unibenpg to forward their academic transcript(s) to the 'Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies', to reach him not later than 8 weeks from the date of this publication. Applications of candidates whose transcripts are not forwarded to the school shall not be processed.
Candidates should print out the referee forms provided in the application page fill and return to the directly to the Secretary School of Postgraduate Studies. Applications shat; not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
Note: Students are advised to always check the website for those courses that require written entrance examination. Please make sure you indicate your e-mail address/telephone when applying.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates are to purchase application forms online with a valid VERVE OR MASTER ATM BANK CARD for the sum of N21,000.00
The form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and thereafter printed out from the uniben Website www.uniben.edu. The following documents will be printed out from the Website:- application and referee forms. Any form not properly filled will not be treated
All application processes must be completed by 30th September.2019
Only candidates given admission into the various PG programmes are to proceed to pay the total amount of Non-Refundable Acceptance fees as stated below
Total - 60.000.00
Note: Acceptance fee must be paid before candidates can be cleared..
O.A. Oshodin (Mrs.)