Recall that in 2017, in a similar workshop, calls were made to take License Renewal digital and to have a platform for the tracking of Nurses Home and abroad. This gave birth to Professional Update Form (PUF)
And all Nurses linked to NMCN in one way or the other were mandated to complete the PUF
However, PUF is ongoing for those who haven't done theirs because "no PUF means no more license renewal"
Almost two years later after the roll out of PUF, NMCN has finalized and launched the 100% online renewal of license and possible change of Name (for only concerned female Nurses)
The objectives of this lecture by the end of this lecture, listeners are expected to:
- Demonstrate optimal knowledge and skills on Online License Renewal of license
- Demonstrate optimal knowledge and skills on Online change of name
- Appreciate NMCN effort in making this dream a reality
- Shun every act of corruption in respect to license renewal🤣
-Visit council site www.nmcn.gov.ng
-Check the top right corner for a license renewal icon
Visit licence.nmcn.gov.ng to be taken directly to the licence renewal platform
When on the license Renewal platform
-You must create an Account by clicking on "Register"
This is just like signing up that we normally do when joining a new platform. After clicking on "Register", to (3) options exist for your background (specialty) here
- Nurse (for general Nursing)
- Midwife (for basic Midwives)
- Psychiatry (for basic Psych Nurses)
(Either of these 3 will serve as your specialty) Once you've chosen your specialty
There's a bar for input of your license number, go ahead and enter it.
Then enter your Surname in the space provided (ensure that it's the same surname with the one on your expired license).
Then enter your phone number immediately you get to this point, a message will be sent to your email and phone from NMCN the message will bear a six digit code (like an OTP that expires after 15minutes).
This is a form of fire wall or security check to ensure that the owner of the PUF is the same person attempting renewal. Recall that when doing your PUF, you entered an email address and your phone number. Those two are the contacts that will receive your OTP
OTP means "One Time Password"
You'll see where to enter the OTP, once done, the platform will take you to a page where you can create your login details (ie sign up)
There, you'll have to select a Username and a Password (ensure you select what you'll always remember because that would serve as your details for subsequent renewal on the platform as you'll have to 'sign in' with that detail each time you want to renew your license).
No PUF no License Renewal
Once you've chosen a Username and Password and confirms the Password, submit and you're good to go. You can now go back to the site and 'sign in' once you've successfully signed in, half of the work is done
On this note, I'll like to advise us to try and create an account with NMCN licence renewal portal as soon as possible and keep our Username and Password safe. Even if you're not going to renew soon
That way, you'll have your Username and Password locked to your name and license No
Because if the username has been taken, you'll have to modify
This is my own tip Sha, since the Username and password would be valid lifelong. After signing up, the Online License Renewal is a special package with 3cardinal areas to make life easy for all Nurses
- Online application
- Online Payment (for those opting for card payment, it's direct but those who need to pay in the bank, it generates RRR directly via Remita which the applicant can use for payment at the bank)
- Preferred pick up point by the applicant
Point 3 makes it easy for Nurses to pick up their renewed license from any state in the country (ie bye bye to Abuja trip)
Let's take them one at a time:
1. Online Application
- you have your passport scanned
- your documents are scanned (documents include: your certificates, MCPDP, any other qualification registered with NMCN)
All scanned stuff must be in JPeg or PDF or PNG (personally, I prefer JPeg), ensure that the passport is not heavier than 100kb while all other documents must be less than/equal to 200kb
- -Good phones can be used to complete the process but I'll advise you use a laptop to avoid unnecessary challenges
Once equipped with all the above, you can sign in and click on 'complete profile'
It will take you to personal records, here some details are permanently stuck (eg your name, DOB, et al..) while others are editable (eg phone no, email, marital status, et al..)
Once through with your personal records, click on 'contact records' and complete it
Then move to 'employment records' and choose your employment status. If employed, continue and complete the details of your employment status.
- Then click on next of kin and enter the details
- Once you're done with your next of kin then you've finished with your personal profile
- Return to page and click on 'qualification' then update your qualifications
- Here, you'll be asked to enter highest qualification in Nursing (this area is used to monitor Nurses growth) e.g. PGDN, MSc, PhD etc all in Nursing
- The click on renewal of License
- Here, once you enter your Surname and license No, it will automatically calculate your fee plus penalty fees (if any)
- Then enter your preferred zone, state and point (State DNS office or State NMCN) of collection
- Choose Payment option then proceed to make payment and submit
- Then you'll be notified when to pick your license up once it gets to the point of collection
- One more thing,
- When on the renewal page
- You'll see CPDP
- And you'll see instructions on what it entails
- This is where you'll upload at leats 1MCPDP certificate and any other NMCN approved professional development program
- Summary: all must add up to give you 6CU before you can qualify for renewal
- The site automatically bears the CPDP
- For MCPDP, the site carries all the modules. Once you choose MCPDP, you'll enter the date you started it and date it ended then upload the certificate
- For other Courses and Workshop
- All the Courses and workshops approve by the council are listed there, you'll select which of them you attended, fill the dates, upload the certificate
- The system however automatically enters the CU allotted to the courses
- The system automatically calculates to give the total
- Once the total is less than 6CU, then you can't continue
- You can't cheat the system
Thanks for listening
ON NURSINGWORLD NIGERIA