The Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company limited (SNEPCO), operator of Oil Mining lease 118 on behalf of itself and other Co-ventures consisting of Nigerian Agip Exploration, TotalEnergies Nigeria and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria (Deepwater) Limited under a Production Sharing Contract (PSC) with Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC) hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerian students for the 2023 NNPC - SNEPCo National University Scholarship Programme.
The programme aims at promoting academic excellence and improving the skills of young Nigerians. It provides yearly grant to the successful applicants from their second year to the completion of their undergraduate degree programme.
Eligible undergraduate students studying National Universities Commission (NUC) accredited courses in Nigerian universities are invited to submit an electronic application at https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/2023NNPCSNEPCo.
- Be a Nigerian citizen
- Currently be in their second year of full-time study in a Nigerian University, accredited by the NUC
- Have o minimum CGPA of 3.5 in a 5-grade system or the equivalent in other grade systems; and
- Not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship from an entity in the Oil and Gas industry, National or International
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
1. Applications must be received not later than the specific deadline via the scholarship portal ONLY.
2. Only candidates that meet the eligibility criteria will be invited for the monitored computer-based test.
3. Only the top 10 candidates will be shortlisted from each of the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory for academic verification prior to scholarship offer.
4. Candidates with falsified results will be disqualified.
5. Only candidates that hove successfully satisfied the above criteria will be contacted to receive the scholarship award.
6. All scholars must maintain minimum of 3.5 CGPA per session, in a 5-grade system or the equivalent in other grade systems, to sustain the award.
Data Protection Notice
- SNEPCo is committed to data privacy.
- Processing of Personal Data Collected by NNPC-SNEPCo.
- Personal data collected by Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company limited (SNEPCo) on behalf of itself, Nigeria National Petroleum Company limited (NNPC) and its Coventure partners will be used exclusively for the purpose of selection of candidates for scholarhsip award. The information will not be used for an incompatible purpose.
- NNPC-SNEPCo is the Controller for the processing of your personal data and will not use your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- In the event the personal data needs to be processed by, transferred to, or exchanged with a third party, appropriate contractual safeguards will be put in place to ensure that the third party will take adequate measures to safeguard the privacy of the data.
- As a data subject, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on legitimate compelling grounds except when it is processed in order to comply with a legal obligation is to be used for the purpose for which you have given your implied consent.
- SNEPCo will only retain the data for as long as it is necessary to serve the purpose of collection or to the extent necessary to comply with applicable law or to protect the rights of Nigeria. National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC) and Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo) with its Co-venture partners or the data subject concerned.
- We have implemented technology and policies with the objective of protecting your privacy from unauthorized access and improper use. For inquiries or concern on data protection, please contact: [email protected]
HOW TO APPLY
1. Every applicant should have o valid personal email account and phone number.
2. Applications by eligible candidates should be submitted online of https://candidate.scholostica.ng/schemes/2023NNPCSNEPCo
3. Candidates should include personal and educational details in the application.
4. Applicants should upload scanned copies of the following as part of the application:
- Recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format, not more than 200 kilobytes
- University or JAMB Admission letter
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Result
- 0' Level Result(s); and 'A' Level/ OND/ NCE Result(s) as applicable
- Letter of Identification from State of Origin, indicating applicant's local government of origin and
- Academic results (CGPA)after completing100 level
Applications should be submitted on or before 10th of November, 2023. Examination details will be communicated to shortlisted candidates only.
- Application for NNPC -SNEPCo scholarship is FREE.
- SCHOLASTICA is the official platform for the NNPC-SNEPCo National University Scholarship. Please visit https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/2023NNPCSNEPCo for detailed information on how to apply online
- Beware of fraudulent websites when applying for the NNPC-SNEPCo scholarship online. Such websites may ask you to make some payments in the course of the application.
- E-mail applications are NOT accepted.
- SNEPCo does NOT assign representatives/agents to assist applicants to apply.
- Any candidate found to hove presented false documents will be disqualified or withdrawn at any level of the scholarship process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test
- If awarded the scholarship, you cannot transfer the scholarship to another university or course of study.
To apply, visit: https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/2023NNPCSNEPCo
For enquiries: [email protected]