Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE), a women-led, faith-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) is seeking job applications from qualified candidates to fill in the position of Human Resource Associate. WEWE’s core ideology is to be one of the most financially compliant and clean NGOs in Nigeria and Africa and we want to improve the lives of millions of widows and orphans in Nigeria and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Board Member - Medical Doctor
Employment Type: Full-time
The roles and responsibilities of WEWE Board Members will include to:
- Attend quarterly board meetings in Abuja in person (No virtual meeting)
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Executive Director (ED) as s/he develops and implements WEWE’s strategic plan
- Review WEWE’s annual progress and performance reports
- Approve WEWE’s yearly budget, audit reports, and material business decisions
- Contribute to an annual performance evaluation of the ED
- Partner with the ED and board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serve on committees or task forces and take on special assignments, representing WEWE at stakeholders functions
- Act as an ambassador for the organization
- Raise funds for WEWE by supporting proposals writing and engaging local fundraising.
- WEWE’s board members must have over 20 to 30 working years of experience in leadership positions such as being head of unit/department/division, Managing Director, Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Chief Executive Officer, Top manager, high-level relationship with donors such as USAID, Nigeria or US CDC, DFID, Global Fund, GIZ, FCBO, EU, Ford Foundation, TY Danjuma Foundation, Aliko Dangote Foundation, etc.
- Have an updated individual tax clearance for the last three years from the Federal or State Inland Revenue Service as this is a new requirement from Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS).
- A candidate whose home base is in Abuja FCT has an added advantage.
- MBBS or similar Degree with relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with the provision of PMTCT, TB, and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in resource-constrained settings and health systems, strengthening
- BSc. Nursing, Public Health, Pharmacy or other closely related fields
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs, and CBOs is highly desirable.
- MPH or Ph.D. in Public Health will be an added advantage.
Benefits for Board Members
- Learn what works and what does not work well for growing a credible NGO
- Gain new experience in the development sector, particularly about USAID – and US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC) funded projects, especially understanding their rules and regulations and HIV treatment, Care, and Support projects.
- A platform to serve and fulfill your God-given calling to help widows and orphans.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Service on WEWE’s board is without remuneration or any financial benefits.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for this position is on a rolling basis, and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.