mDoc is a digital health social enterprise that leverages behavioral science, technology and quality improvement methodologies to provide improved access to quality healthcare for people with chronic health needs. Our ethos is etched in the belief that augmenting the healthcare & technology landscape is paramount to helping Africa unlock its true potential. We are on a mission to transform how African healthcare consumers receive the support they need to live longer, healthier, happier, and more productive lives.
In close partnership with organizations, we are augmenting the health system to focus on what matters to our members in their communities. We are building an enabling community-based ecosystem to better help people with self-management of their chronic conditions and other wellness and health needs while helping them navigate quality in-person healthcare when face-to-face care is needed. We are growing quickly and therefore are working hard to build a team with curiosity, problem-solving skills and a deep desire to positively impact health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Director
Location: Lagos Lagos,
Employment Type: Full-time
- This role is suitable for an entrepreneurial individual with a high propensity for laser-focused execution. You will be a key lead for clinical operations, scale, quality improvement excellence and person-centered care.
- You will oversee the clinical operations for the different product and service lines and will lead a clinical team and content team to deliver and surpass performance expectations. You will work closely with the co-founders, product, growth, marketing, data and engineering leads and will be responsible for refining and developing evidence-based clinical practice guidelines digitally and in-person.
- You will work with the clinical manager to ensure appropriate clinical supervision of all clinical teams as well as develop clinical risk management practices, ensuring reliable adoption of best practices, with a focus on achieving population level and individual member quality outcomes. You will refine the set of clinical performance dashboards in concert with the data, engineering and product teams which we use routinely to track clinical/quality performance, member engagement and experience, partnership success, and operational excellence.
- You will harness digital tools to participate in on-call clinical duties, triaging and case reviews with the clinical teams. You will manage the training, education, mentorship and performance efforts of the coaches and care team. Given we are a technology firm, you will use digital tools to track, predict our success as well as manage our members. A keen interest and openness to working with technology is critical.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring seamless, rewarding in-person experiences as well and for providing medical oversight, collaborating with our internal and external teams to grow our brand while delivering large-scale population health outcomes.
- Provides oversight for all clinical service activities including refinement of the entire package of service standards and policies (virtual and in-person)
- Supervises all internal and external clinical teams to ensure optimal person-centred care
- Develops, leads and participates in clinical education, training mentoring, assessment and review systems and process incorporates latest context-specific evidence into clinical practice guidelines
- Oversees clinical monitoring and evaluation activities
- Interfaces with members to understand opportunities for quality improvement including on-call activities
- Supports development of research practice interfacing with different external partners and manages clinical trial design, implementation and publication process
- Develops new clinical programs and innovations
- Contributes to an agile data-driven culture of real-time learning, feedback and rapid iteration
- MD or MBBS required.
- Additional graduate degree preferred e.g. MBA. MPH, MSc.
- 7-10 years of experience in clinical medicine.
- Telemedicine background and clinical management preferred with ability to work with remote goal teams.
- Publication track record preferred.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to conceptualize and execute on tight timelines, and juggle competing priorities.
- Comfort in working with a global team and in a startup environment.
- A recognition that mDoc is an early-stage startup so we work around the clock and are looking for you to work with an entrepreneurial mindset, quickly and efficiently.
- A willingness to work super hard and problem-solve as a collective.
Application Closing Date
10th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume / CV, Cover Letter, link to your Twitter or IG handle if you have one and one authored publication to: [email protected]
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.