The Sickbay Clinics was established in 2021. The Sickbay Clinic is a state-of-the-art healthcare centre focused on providing both real-time and virtual clinical services with a system that helps in ensuring easy to access healthcare facilities and on-site healthcare professionals. The facility provides its services to patients during weekdays and weekends. The Centre is also open to patients for a 24-hour period for emergencies. The Sickbay Clinic is located in Abuja. Our services and facilities span several specialities and include emergency/trauma centre, diagnostic centre, paediatric primary care and several other facilities that make for a modern multi-speciality hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Health Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Experience Level: Entry level
The Community Health Officer will provide consultations, treatment and follow-up of patients according to The Sickbay Clinic protocols, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the beneficiaries.
- To provide consultations, treatment and follow-up of patients according to The SickbayClinic protocols, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the beneficiaries.
- To undertake health programme activities guaranteeing the efficient and effective sensitisation, mobilisation and participation of the targeted communities, thereby maximising performance.
- The CHO shall ensure that supportive supervision is given to the nurses while ensuring guidelines set in the health protocols are followed.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments, performing consultations and other minor medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patients(and family) when necessary.
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill inpatient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise.
- Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed, and Conduct data quality assessment on a weekly bases
- Participate in planning and undertaking health surveys, rapid assessments, as well as in the monitoring and evaluation of the health program activities.
- Responsible for providing inputs and data for monthly health activities’ reports in a timely manner.
- Participate and update progress in weekly technical meetings with health staff
- Responsible for accurate record-keeping, ordering and accountability of health equipment, supplies and drugs (Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock take of medicines and material, etc.)
- Ensure the quality of the health service given to meet the expected standards.
- Conduct training to build the capacity of staff/volunteers and the community at large
- Performing other related duties within the clinic as may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Community Health from a reputable institution.
- Applicants should have at least 2 years post qualifying experience and be registered with the National Council for Community Health Practice Board of Nigeria for Technician cadre.
- Candidates must possess NYSC discharge Certificate or Exemption letter
- Experience having managed a team will be an added advantage
- Two years of relevant professional work experience, including in a developing area, in public health and nutrition
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills and excellence as a team player.
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
- Manages effectively his/her own time as well as flexible and available to work overtime when needed
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Application Closing Date
28th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.