We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV.
We need dynamic, highly skilled and passionate persons to work with our highly experienced team in the capacity below:
Job Title: Director, Laboratory and Biosafety Services
Job Code: LBS 001
Grant Duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for controlling physical inventory of supplies and reagents, decisions on the purchase of analytical equipment, correlation of new procedure and assay, policy, procedure review and development of supporting documents.
- Lead the optimization of existing technologies e.g RSL-LIMS-NMRS and CMM to enhance the tracking of Laboratory commodities and for effective management of specimen referral.
- Oversee engagement with supply chain partner GHSC-PSM to enhance visibility and accountability in the supply of laboratory commodities.
- Develop dashboards for general management of Laboratory equipment and Operations for purpose monitoring and rapid interventions.
- Lead improvement efforts in infection control and waste management in accordance with local and international standards and practices.
- Perform research for the purpose of testing, and evaluating laboratory methods, procedures and devising new procedures and simplifying existing ones.
- Supervise the training of laboratory personnel and provide guidance on standard practices.
- Provide direction and facilitate efficient workflow in all departments of the Laboratory. Determine capital and equipment needs and prepare laboratory budget estimates Participates in the preparation of grant applications.
- Prepare administrative and technical reports.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations governing public health laboratories. Develop long-range business plans and implement growth strategies, analyze and manage financial performance and coordinate of all Laboratory services to ensure optimal synergies in service, quality and profitable growth.
- Develop and operationalize strategic vision, oversight of technical and service quality, monitoring, controlling and evaluating departmental activities as well as evaluating and implementing new tools, technologies and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Medical Laboratory Science and be registered with the Medical Laboratory Sciences Council of Nigeria (MLSCN) with a valid License to practice.
- Advanced Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences, Public Health, Microbiology or a related field from an accredited University.
- Minimum of 15 years post NYSC experience in implementing public health programs preferably in the NGO context.
- Familiarity with standards of Federal and State regulations affecting the Laboratory and laboratory practices in Nigeria.
- Experience in managing clinical and molecular laboratories, especially in the areas of viral load determination, drug resistance testing, genotyping and nucleic acid sequencing.
- A good understanding of the working knowledge of the health and HIV/AIDS program priorities; substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants (e.g USAID, CDC/PEPFAR and other grant funders).
- Previous experience in managing and developing a team as well as the ability to lead and motivate others. Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Application Closing Date
3rd August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME; e.g. Director, Laboratory and Biosafety Services LBS 001 - Abuja, CLEMENTINA OGBEH.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated, if suitable applications are received
- Females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply.