A reputable Boarding School is currently recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Female Nursing Officer
Location: Epe, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The primary responsibility of the School Nurse shall be to take care of students and members of staff who are on bed rest or hospitalized by ensuring that they properly take their medications at the appropriate time as prescribed.
- He/she shall also be monitoring the health condition of hospitalized students and members of staff and draw the attention of the Doctor whenever the need arises or in case of emergency.
- Support patients with medical needs such as asthma, diabetes, epilepsy or mental health problems
- Monitoring and administering prescribed medication and intravenous infusions
- Taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
- Provide nursing care and physical screening to patients; assess patients and implement first aid measures for patients as needed
- Prepare and maintain student and staff clinic records and prepare required reports
- Administer daily and PRN (as needed) medications and nursing care procedures prescribed by the student's physician
- Initiate emergency procedures for students and staff as needed
- Complete the preliminary nursing assessments and assist the doctor with the patient -study physical examinations for students
- Provide health education and anticipatory counseling
- Ensure compliance with procedures, protocols, and other instructions provided by the School Doctor
- Promote good health and wellbeing among students and staff
- Keep updates on students suffering from major illnesses and those on medication
- Provide periodic health checks/appraisals of pupils with identified or suspected health problems
- Sterilize clinic equipment and dressing items as prescribed
- Write clear and concise nurses report on treatment given and medications served
- Occasionally provide care and treatment to students during off-campus competitions and program (e.g. Sea School, Sport events)
- Oversee and ensure cleanliness of the wards and entire clinic
- Prepare order for supplies and equipment necessary for nurses’ office.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- B.Sc in Nursing, Graduate of School of Nursing (Certified by the Nursing Council of Nigeria) or any equivalent Certificate from any recognized Nursing school.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience
- Must be a registered Nurse with a valid practice license.
- Ability to communicate properly and effectively with parents and all stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team, work without close supervision and within established timeframes.
- Capability to manage a variety of patients and tasks throughout the day.
- Infection Control.
- Nursing Skills, Health Promotion and Maintenance.
- Pain Management, Acute/Critical Care
- Proficiency in the usage of Microsoft Office tools
- Prior experience working in private or government hospital setting.
- Attention to details, organization and problem solving skills
- High level of pro-activity and ability to follow through on assigned tasks
- High sense of commitment, responsibility and accountability
- High integrity and ethical standards.
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.