A. FOR WHOM?
- The Medical Institution and all the Medical Professionals working therein.
B. WHAT DOES THE POLICY COVER?
- It provides compensation for the NHIS patients who suffer Death, Sickness, Permanent Disability, Partial Disability and Injury by Shock from the mistakes, errors, negligence and acts of commission or omission of medical practitioners and institutions.
C. HOW MUCH PROTECTION DO I GET AS A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
- The CMD -25.0% of the Selected Sum.
- Any other Medical Professional-10% of the Selected Sum.
- The Medical Institution-100.0% of the Selected Sum.
D. HOW MUCH COMPENSATION DO I GET AS AN INJURED PATIENT
- Death - N2.0m
- Permanent Disability- N2.0m
- Other level of injury - % of N2.0m depending on the degree of disability Medical Expenses – Local – Max N2.0m, Foreign Max N5.0m
E. HOW DO I KNOW THE SELECTED SUM AND HOW MUCH PREMIUM WOULDTHE MEDICAL INSTITUTION PAY?
It depends on the number of Hospital Beds.
- Hospital with 20 Beds and Below - N50,000 premium per annum for selected sum of N10.0m
- Hospital with 21-50 Beds - N60,000 premium per annum for selected sum of N15.0m
- Hospital with 51-100 Beds -N 120,000 premium per annum for selected sum of N40.0m
- Hospital with 101-500 Beds - N 150,000 premium per annum for selected sum of N60.0m
- Hospital with 500 Beds and above - N200,000 premium per annum for selected sum of N 100.0m
F. WHO IS LIABLE
- The Chief Medical Director of the Hospital.
- The Negligent Medical Professional.
- The Medical Institution.
G. WHO PAYS THE PREMIUM
- The Premium is to be borne 100% by the Hospital
H. PENALTY FOR NON-COMPLIANCE
- Personal Prosecution for involuntary murder etc.
- Revocation of the Permit of the Medical Institution
I. REGULATORY AUTHORITY
- The National Insurance Commission. (NAICOM)
- National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS)
Ensure Compliance to Avoid Prosecution