The Nigerian Academy of Medicine (NAMed) is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission to serve as an independent, dynamic and innovative national resource of excellence and expertise in medicine, medical sciences and healthcare. The registered office is at the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria Complex, Plot 1102, Cadastral Zone B11, Off Oladipo Diya Road, Behind Prince and Princess Estate, Kaura District, Abuja, FCT, Nigeria.
Applications are hereby invited from interested academics, who are registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria, to apply for consideration for the Award of Fellowship (FNAMed). Interested persons must be able to contribute to the Objectives of the Academy and her Journal as shown at the website address: https://www.jnamed.com/
The objectives of the Nigerian Academy of Medicine are:
- To promote the knowledge of Medicine and Medical Sciences in Nigeria and its practical application to the solution of problems of national development.
- To promote excellence by the recognition and encouragement of merit in all branches of Medicine and Medical Sciences.
- To secure co-ordination between medical and other scientific academies, societies, associations, institutions and Government medical and scientific departments and services.
- To seek co-operation of international agencies and similar national bodies of other countries.
- To undertake research work of national and international importance and thereby nurture the next generation of medical researchers
- To publish such proceedings, journals, memoirs, transactions and other publications as may be desirable to propagate knowledge.
- To Influence national policies to improve health and economic well-being of citizens.
- To secure and manage funds and endowments for the promotion of the objectives of the Academy.
- To undertake any other actions that may be necessary for the fulfillment of the aims and objectives of the Academy.
A prospective Fellow has to be nominated by a Fellow of the Academy, and such nomination shall also be endorsed by three other Fellows to vouch for the applicant's suitability.
Interested persons should visit the website of the Academy at https://www.named.org.ng for the processes to be followed for the application for Fellowship.
Closing date for online submission of Application is July 31, 2021.
Professor O. A. Atoyebi, FNAMed
Secretary, Nigerian Academy of Medicine