Applications Are Open For 2023 PAN Awards
The Paediatric Association of Nigeria is calling for nominations and submissions for the following
1. The Kunle Ijaiya Prize:
This was instituted in memory of Dr. Kunle Ijaiya. The prize is awarded to the best oral scientific presentation made by a paediatric resident during the annual meeting of the Paediatric Association of Nigeria (PANConf). The award comprises a cash prize and a plaque.
- Must be a resident at the time of presentation
- Must have been inducted as a trainee member of PAN and be financially up-to-date at time of abstract submission.
2. The Prof. William Ogala Prize:
This prize was instituted by Prof. William Ogala and it is awarded to the best institution with a paper presentation in the area of Neonatology at the annual PAN Conference. The prize consists of a cash award to the presenting author of the winning paper and a trophy to the winning institution.
- Could be either a Resident or a Consultant
- The recipient must be a registered member of PAN (Trainee or Ordinary) in good financial standing at time of abstract submission.
- The paper must be in the area of Neonatal Medicine.
3. The Theodore Okeahialam Prize:
Instituted in honour of Prof. Theodore Okeahialam, this prize is awarded to an outstanding research paper presented by a young Paediatric Fellow in the field of Child Nutrition or Social Paediatrics. It carries a cash prize and a plaque. This award is open to young paediatric consultants.
- Must be an Ordinary member of the Paediatric Association of Nigeria, in good financial standing at the time of abstract submission.
- Must be a Fellow of LESS THAN 5 YEARS of the Faculty of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or the West African College of Physicians
- Must submit a research abstract detailing a substantive work in either Child Nutrition or Social Paediatrics or both.
- Must be the first/lead author of the research work that forms the basis for the award o The work should be original research focused on Nigerian children in the area or Child Nutrition or Social Paediatrics
- The research work must be presented at any of the scientific sessions during the PANCONF by the lead presenter being considered for the prize. o Publication of the research work within the last 12 months in a high-impact academic journal will constitute an advantage. An indication of acceptance by the journal editor will be acceptable evidence.
4. The AdeGrange Award:
For outstanding contributions in maternal and child health in the sub region. -The award is instituted by the AdeGrange foundation (founded by Dr. Adenike Grange) and is open to Nigerian paediatricians practicing in any country of the world. It carries a cash prize and plaque.
- Must be a Nigerian Paediatrician; preferably working in Nigeria in a multi-disciplinary environment but could be a partner researcher working in the Diaspora after having worked in Nigeria for a period of at least 10 years.
- Be of high moral standing in the community and among colleagues.
- Be of Consultant status and should have demonstrated his or her commitment to his/her chosen line of investigation for the purpose of generating evidence for the development of relevant policies or improvement of policy dialogue in Nigeria.
- Have published relevant papers in peer-reviewed journals nationally and internationally.
- Submits a research abstract of a landmark publication.
- Have participated in making presentations at national and international levels on this topic.
Method of Application
All applications for the awards are required to submit their abstract and relevant documents to [email protected] with copy to [email protected] , [email protected] and [email protected] on or before midnight of 30 November 2022
- An application letter stating the award of interest.
- Detailed and Current Curriculum Vitae (relevant for only the Theodore Okeahialam and AdeGrange awards).
- Research abstract or published article where applicable.
- Submissions for Prof. William Ogala, Theodore Okiahliam and Dr. Kunle Ijiaya must be oral presentations. Case reports, case series and reviews will not be accepted.