Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs of improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager, Group Ante-Natal Care (G-ANC) Project
Job Type: Full Time
- The Program Manager will be responsible for the design, implementation, monitoring and accountability of the Lagos State Group Antenatal Care Deployment with support from the TA Connect / Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Project.
- She / He will work in collaboration with the key State stakeholders, multiple local and international actors and implementing partners to improve access to Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH) services and support state-wide institutionalization of the G-ANC model.
She/He will be responsible for:
- Technical skills in Obstetrics care and Managing G-ANC program
- Leading ARFH’s technical team for efficient planning, financing, delivering, and monitoring high quality services to the Lagos State government.
- Designing and implementing operational plans and leading programmatic activities.
- She/he will provide technical leadership on all aspects of improving the quality of RMNCH services by supporting the government’s strategic goal of increasing G-ANC coverage in the targeted LGAs in Lagos state and generate an evidence-base to support other Nigerian states to adopt G-ANC.
- Develop strategies for Local resource mobilization , including BHCPF,
- Prepare quarterly, semi-annual and annual quantitative and narrative reports, including relevant information on lessons learnt, challenges encountered, and opportunities identified for improvement.
- Responsible for coordinating amongst the different health actors to guarantee the feasibility of the project and country program.
- Possess strong understanding of Health system operations in Lagos state health system to engender smooth operations working with stakeholders
- Participate in other RMNCAH activities of SMOH ,Lagos state
- Conduct monthly review meetings and monthly TA Connect check-ins.
- Oversees the program budget and development of annual work plans, semi-annual reports, and other reports as needed to ensure all project deliverables are of high quality and produced in a timely manner and within the approved budget.
- Provides leadership in developing, implementing, and assessing an integrated package of interventions to increase coverage and utilization of high-quality RMNCH interventions at the household, community, and health facility levels in collaboration with key national and state stakeholders
- Operationalize and implement the Lagos State Group Antenatal Care Deployment program components
- Support the development, strengthening and implementation of state and LGA RMNCH strategic and annual plans
- Facilitate linkages and foster collaboration and coordination with key stakeholders including relevant national, state, and local government authorities, partners and civil society organizations involved in RMNCH, and communities
- Provide input and participate in the project strategy design and implementation plan for the health facility and community services components.
Representation & Communication:
- Participate in and represent ARFH at the Ministry of Health and other Coordination platforms with all other stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain partnerships and linkages with sub-recipient organizations, host government health departments, health facilities and community-based organizations for effective implementation of health programs at country level.
- Create awareness and promote ARFH’s principles throughout program/ project implementation.
- A Degree in Medical Field – MBBS, B.Sc. Nursing or related medical disciplines.
- O& G and, MPH / experienced Midwife with work experience in Lagos will be an added advantage.
- 5 – 7 years demonstrated knowledge and experience in coordinating projects and managing a wide range of stakeholders.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the social welfare context and health system in Nigeria, and preferably in Lagos state
- Successful experience in implementing RMNCH projects and familiarity with USAID/BMGF programs preferred.
- Familiarity with the Nigerian Health system including government planning and budgeting processes at Federal and state levels
- Strong skills in negotiating with and engaging Ministry of Health officials at all levels of the health system.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook and advanced skills in the use of analytical tools
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of RMNCH Indicators
- Contribute to the use of information management tools such as dashboards to support decision-makers at the local government and state levels to make better use of data.
- Experience working with private sector actors involved in health services delivery
- Fluency in English.
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Proven capabilities in leadership
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret, technical and non-technical material in the English language
- Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and HQ, counterparts, senior government leaders and other related regional players.
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the Application Letter as well as three Professional Referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).