Catholic Institute for Development Justice and Peace is a non governmental organization located at 1 – 3 Cidjap Street, Uwani Enugu. CIDJAP is currently engaging in the Enugu State 4GATES OVC Project to improve the health and well-being of orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and their families in Udenu, Igbo - Etiti and Isiuzo LGA.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager, Orphans & Vulnerable Children (OVC)
Location: Obollo Afor, Enugu
Employment Type: Full-time
Summary of Role
- The Program Manager will provide technical support and supervision in collaboration with 4GATES OVC State Team to ensure the successful planning and implementation of the OVC program.
- S/he will also provide technical support and expertise, coordination and supervision of all officers; will be responsible for managing the budget of the organisation.
Description of Roles & Responsibilities
- S/he will work with the State Program Manager to support the implementation of high-quality care and support activities for orphans and vulnerable children.
- S/he will coordinate the implementation of OVC program activities in line with PEPFAR guidelines within the state.
- Support officers to develop detailed annual work plans.
- Ensure budgets, financial and programmatic reports are sub mitted on a timely basis.
- Identify programmatic areas that are lagging behind on service coverage, initiate dialogue and required actions
- Work with different units to ensure the provision of all resources required by officers for program implementation.
- Monitor budget spending closely and address issues of overspending or under spending as they arise.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Program Manager, Orphans & Vulnerable Children’s, will report to both the Senior Technical Specialist, OVC and the Senior Program Manager in the State.
- S/he will work very closely with all members of the OVC Team in the state.
The Responsibilities (Above) are not all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other related tasks as required and will be responsible for reporting and communicating progress and achievement of the specific assigned tasks.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualified applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, or International Health or Sciences, or in Management or Social Sciences and any other relevant fields.
- Minimum of five (3) years working experience in OVC Care and Support and at least three (2) years’ demonstrated experience in managing programs that address the needs of vulnerable children and adolescents, adolescents living with HIV, OVC, caregiver support, economic strengthening, child protection, violence against children, case management, early childhood development, OVC policy and advocacy.
- Experience and knowledge of ART Surge Response is a major requirement.
- Demonstrated skills in project reporting, preferably for PEPFAR-funded OVC programs
- Experience in mentoring, coaching, facilitation and training applying adult learning principles and practices.
- Experience with OVC program monitoring and evaluation especially NOMIS, including applying data collection tools and methodologies, data analysis, and data presentation. Knowledge and practical skills in OVC care and support.
- Knowledge and understanding of pediatric home-based care, gender, stigma and discrimination.
- Demonstrated application of technical principles and concepts in OVC programming.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required.
- Demonstrated capacity to collaborate with colleagues, teams and organizations to achieve results.
- Reside in Obollo or willingness to relocate
Application Closing Date
29th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Letter of Application with a recently updated CV as a single PDF file-format (as an attachment) to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.