Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Director & State Lead
Requisition ID: sfh-49994
Locations: Edo, Enugu, Ekiti, Borno and Gombe
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration of Contract: 60 months
- The Project Director & State Lead shall provide oversight of programmatic and financial activities in the state.
- The anticipated impact of the position will be a commitment to populations at risk of malaria with the aim of providing interventions to accelerate coverage for prevention, treatment and care.
- The role will use evidence-based practices and data to drive results in line with principles of accountability, transparency, and impact in all actions.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate the implementation of the project in the State through the use of replicable user-centred design approaches.
- Strategic technical assistance to State agencies in health system strengthening.
- Responsible for coordinating monitoring & evaluation activities at the field level for the project and providing assistance to the M&E specialist at the HQ.
- Preparation of analytical reports, human interest stories and case studies for the project.
- Using the National tools and an electronic MIS system, the State Programme Manager will support evidence-informed programming and will oversee and coordinate data collection for the project in the Region.
- Pool, analyze and disseminate field level programmatic data to end-users.
- Development of work plans: develop clear action plans that address the details needed to achieve project targets; define and allocate resources and actions to achieve objectives within constraints and establish priorities.
- Develop state-nested contingency plans for handling anticipated obstacles or problems to ensure continuity of service provision to clients against all odds.
- Financial management: Develop project work plans and budgets. Monitor work plan implementation to ensure compliance with the approved plan and grant agreement. Ensure efficient use of grant funds for optimum benefits to the target beneficiaries.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Social / Behavioural / Medical Sciences / Sciences or related field of study.
- Must possess a Master’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g., Epidemiology, Public Health, Tropical Medicine, Parasitology or Equivalent).
- At least 10 years of experience managing development projects, preferably in African countries with a strong focus on field implementation.
- Experience managing projects with a mix of facility and community-based interventions is required.
- Experience managing projects with a focus on behaviour change would be an asset.
- Demonstrated track record with project management, monitoring and evaluation.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Technical knowledge and understanding of Health policies and programming in Nigeria and be comfortable with working with a range of stakeholders.
- Data management and reporting skills.
- Creative writing skills to write and develop success stories and human-interest stories.
- Social dialogue and advocacy skills for fostering enabling environment for programme implementation
- Familiar with the language and culture of the state
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills
- Must have a continuous drive for learning and knowledge sharing.
- Must be excellent at report writing and possess strong M&E skills.
- Demonstrable problem solving and analytical ability.
- Leadership and positive influence, and flexible thinking.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for these positions is based on industry standards and designed to attract, motivate, and incentivize talented individuals.
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates who are residents in the states where the roles are situated are strongly encouraged to apply.