We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations across Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership, and partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Lead, GANC
Job Code: CSU 0022
Grant duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance.
Do You Have What it Takes to Join Us?
- We are in search of innovative, creative, and self-motivated talents with outstanding skills and proven track records in the advertised position.
- A reliable individual who is committed, audacious, accountable, and passionate (females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply) with strong core values to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices in the following capacities:
- A reliable executor who is flexible and can hit the ground running in aiding the organization achieve its goals as it aligns with saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for the most vulnerable. If this typifies you, kindly read on.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- The Lagos State G-ANC/PNC Deployment Project Lead will provide technical oversight to all aspects of grant implementation including rapid site assessments, site activation, capacity building, quality improvement activities and documentation of implementation outputs. Will provide technical support for the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities, strategies and policies around RMNCAH+N with particular focus on integrating post GBV support services into maternal and child health in designated sites across the 20 LGAs in the state.
- The incumbent will provide programmatic support to the grant including strategic state engagement, resource and staff allocation, development of monthly and quarterly workplans and performance monitoring. The project lead will ensure the grant enjoys a high level of stakeholder engagement and support by providing high level coordination and engagement with the Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH), the Lagos State Primary Health Care Board (LSPHCB), Community gatekeepers, religious leaders and other key stakeholders for smooth implementation.
- Support the Lagos state government to strengthen linkages and integration between sexual and reproductive health (SRH), Maternal Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) services and HIV/AIDS programs, working closely with other stakeholders and implementation partners active in the state.
- The Project Lead will oversee the administrative aspects of state implementation of the G-ANC/PNC Deployment including developing logistic plans and ensuring timely retirements of financial transactions, leading partnership and networking collaboratives for sustainable resource mobilization and accountable allocation of funds for optimal program achievements.
- The incumbent will coordinate the implementation of the adolescent GANC/PNC package of care including adolescent specific FP and post-abortal care for teen mums, working closely with the Lagos state government and other members of the CIHP Lagos state team including the AP3 lead and OVC focal persons.
- The Project Lead will ensure routine analysis and utilization of gender disaggregated data to identify gaps in access and uptake to ultimately improve service delivery of high impact interventions for GANC/PNC models of care in Lagos state.
- The Lagos State GANC/PNC Deployment Project Lead will provide technical supervision state-led cohesive approaches and interventions geared towards holistic improvement of maternal and newborn outcomes in Lagos State.
- Other duties as assigned as necessitated by program needs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced Degree in Nursing / Midwifery, Medicine, or Public health.
- At least 7 years’ post NYSC clinical experience in RMNCAH Experience, with at least 3 years of supervisory, management or leadership responsibilities.
- Robust clinical experience in maternal and child health service provision in Nigeria. Work experience and familiarity with GoN structures in Lagos state will be an added advantage.
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature in providing group Antenatal and Post Natal Care Services.
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills including the ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- Superior proficiency in the use of Microsoft office applications and remote conferencing software.
- Experience in training and capacity building.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Ability to speak a local language will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement (not more than 200 words indicating position and location) in Microsoft Word format to: [email protected] using the Job Title, Location, Application Code, and candidate's full name as the subject of the email e.g. Project Lead, GANC - Lagos - CSU 0022 ADESUWA NWACHUKWU.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as applicationssentto ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right