Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613). Existing since October 2016, AHSF focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in North East Nigeria. AHSF operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its program principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Locations: Sokoto & Kebbi
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 8 months
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
- As a key member of the Senior Management Team, the Project Manager will coordinate the development and implementation of quality programs and activities following national, state, funding agency and organization’s guidelines and requirements.
- S/He will be responsible for providing direction, coordination and support to the Program Team Leads, namely the Team Lead, Advocacy and Policy Influencing Unit and Team Lead, Individual and Community Capacity Strengthening and their team members.
- The Project Manager will ensure the smooth implementation of projects and the achievement of program objectives and outcomes.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Staff Management and Team Work:
- Provide the overall project leadership, vision and management to staff for successful implementation.
- Responsible for meeting all USAID Advancing Nutrition agreement obligations, including documentation and quality report writing.
- Overall oversight and administrative management of the program.
- Develops and coordinates training schedules and ensures availability of qualified trainers.
- Responsible for meeting agreement obligations, producing deliverables and targets, and achieving project results as specified by JSI.
- She/he oversees project planning, provides technical direction and support and ensures implementation, with a focus on results, and financial accountability for all project activities.
- Provides on-the-job mentoring and supportive supervision of trainers and supervisors.
- Oversees M&E activities to ensure data is collected, and reported accurately, completely and on a timely basis.
- Ensures completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all documentation of activities on USAID Advancing Nutrition Platform and using USAID Advancing Nutrition templates (training, mentoring, and completion of the nutrition tracker).
- Responsible for all reports and ensures results for project activities.
- Communicates with USAID Advancing Nutrition.
- MPH, MBBS, Medical, Nursing, or other relevant Master’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, ideally managing nutrition, child health and related projects, ideally at the primary healthcare level.
- The Project Manager WILL be based in Sokoto
- Individuals in a leadership role in the organization.
- Proven and demonstrated Project Management Expertise in the health sector
- Advanced experience in competency-based skill building training for health workers
- Experience managing a USAID funded project/sub-project is highly desirable.
- Experience using M&E software such as Excel, DHIS2, and other open-source platforms.
- Experience in data analysis and report writing.
- Excellent English writing skills.
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Albarka Health Spring Foundation is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics. As part of their adherence to the values of AHSFV, all AHSF Intern and Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other state.
- AHSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer AHSF considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- The AHSF and AHSF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in AHSF - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Transparency, Accountability, Partnership, Integrity, Team work (TAPIT). In accordance with these values, the AHSF operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Women are strongly encouraged to Apply.