St. Saviour’s School Ebute – Metta, the pioneer School of the St. Saviour’s Schools (St. Saviour’s School, Ebute – Metta and St. Saviour’s School, Ikoyi) was founded in 1951 and for 47 years provided quality education to primary school-age children. In 1998 the St. Saviour’s School, Ebute – Metta in a bid to continue nurturing children, started the nursery school and today proudly provides an enabling environment which inspires excellence and lifelong learning to children between ages 3 and 11.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Nurse
Location: Ebute Metta, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To support the staff and pupils on all health care matters.
- Always dress neatly, professionally and uphold the name of the school.
- Develop and establish healthcare plans, policies, procedures, and protocols for the school.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with the school’s health and safety plans, policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Establish and oversee control measures for disease and infection within the school.
- Overseeing and monitor medication administration, immunizations, and manage communicable diseases.
- Assess the school environment and make recommendations to the school management to prevent injury and ensure a safe environment for the school
- Oversee vision, hearing, body mass index, health screening procedures including checking pupils’ fingernails, hair, and teeth for hygiene.
- Measure the blood pressure, sugar, and oxygen level and of all staff, on a monthly basis, and keep records of all readings.
- Establish routines and schedules for cleaning the school to ensure that the entire is always clean, including the sickbay.
- Serve as a consultant with other school professionals, physical education teachers, coaches, and counsellors as required.
- Provide health-related education to students and staff in both individual and group settings.
- Refer any serious injury or ailment to the Medical Centre, following the agreed school policy, and maintain accurate records of any such referrals.
- Delegate healthcare tasks as directed by state laws and professional practice guidance
- Ensure the necessary medical equipment and school First Aid boxes are available and in good working order.
- Maintain medical supplies inventory, including stocking and replenishment.
- Ensure consumable medical supplies are logged and receipts kept for all purchases.
- Assist with the care of sick children and those suffering minor injuries within the school.
- Maintain records of all treatments and provide the school management with a monthly report on ailments and injuries treated.
- Inspect the school toilets daily and ensure they meet hygiene and sanitary standards and keep records of inspection.
- Provide advice and information to school management on healthy eating, regular exercise, personal hygiene, etc.
- Give a detailed report monthly to school management on all duties and responsibilities as well as recommendations on health-related concerns.
- Undertake specific duties as the School Nurse, at school functions and events, that may be regarded as within the duties of this post.
- Undertake such duties that may be reasonably regarded as within the nature of the duties of the post. Any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms.
- Any other duties as directed by the school’s management.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and RN license
- Experience in caring for or working with children in a school setting is an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years clinical care experience.
- Competencies Profile
- Strong observation skills
- Infection Control
- Clinal Skills
- Nursing Skills
- Ability to assess situations and act quickly
- Health Promotion and Maintenance
- Knowledge of state health regulations
- Knowledge of health care in a school setting
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office
- Compassionate and caring
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to use initiative
- Intuition and insight
- Good health and fitness
- Emotional Intelligence
- Ability to work independently or with others
- Timely submission of all reports
- Functional First-Aid box with adequate inventory kept
- Sanitary maintenance of school
- Number of recommendations approved by management
- Attend to all health and safety incidences in a timely and professional manner
- Seamless referral process to the Medical Centre for serious illness
- Adherence and compliance with school health and safety plans. Policies, procedures and protocols
- Conduct at least one educational program per session
Application Closing Date
9th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.