John Snow, Incorporated (JSI) - We are public health care and health systems consultants and researchers driven by a passion to improve health services and health outcomes for all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Immunization Advisor - COVID-19
- The MOMENTUM Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity (M-RITE) project is part of a suite of innovative awards funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to holistically improve family planning and maternal and child health in partner countries around the world.
- The project applies best practices and explores innovations to increase equitable immunization coverage in USAID-supported countries around the globe. It works to build countries’ capacity to identify and overcome barriers to reaching zero-dose and underimmunized children and older populations with life-saving vaccines and other integrated health services. M-RITE works at multiple levels and in alignment with global strategies such as the Immunization Agenda 2030 and Gavi 5.0.
- The project also contributes to ongoing global efforts to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on immunization services and support countries to prepare for and introduce vaccines against COVID-19 once they are available. In Nigeria, M-RITE works to strengthen routine immunization (RI) services and supports COVID-19 vaccine rollout at the national level and in 5 focus states.
- The primary role of the State Immunization Technical Advisor will be to directly support the State Primary Health Care Agency or Board (SPHCDA/B) team in the State of assignment in Nigeria and provide strategic leadership in order to ensure effective planning and implementation of national priority activities as appropriate at the state and LGA levels.
- The State Immunization Advisor will work in collaboration with the M-RITE team lead in Nigeria to support all aspects of COVID-19 vaccination technical assistance and Routine Immunization technical assistance upon approval.
- S/he will oversee the work of M-RITE state-level technical teams to achieve program objectives.
- The State Immunization Advisor will be responsible for providing technical assistance to the State PHCD, including other local partners.
- Serve as a strategic, high-level technical advisor to the SPHCDA/B, and be an active member of the appropriate technical sub-committees and working groups responsible for COVID-19 vaccination and routine immunization.
- Work in collaboration with the NPHCDA and technical partners to complete evaluations of immunization activities in the state of assignment and contribute to quality reports going to the national level.
- Work in collaboration with the SPHCDA/B technical working groups and sub-committees to define and implement COVID-19 vaccines, and contribute to aligning state-level support to national strategies including SCALES 3.0.
- Provide technical assistance to analysis of program performance. Collaborate with partners to collect and analyze data, monitor performance, and support SPHCDA/B with strategic leadership for planning and implementing corrective actions.
- Provide linkages between M-RITE and local partners (NGOs, etc.) to mobilize them and provide support and technical assistance to program activities. Work with these organizations to ensure technical support at all levels.
- Support the development and submission of reports to M-RITE and partners, including regular reporting and final report.
- Remain in regular contact (by email, phone, Slack, etc.) with the M-RITE Nigeria leadership team and the M-RITE global level team.
- Under the guidance of the M-RITE Nigeria Country Director, oversee the state level support and supervise the M-RITE state team members to perform the project activities at the state level.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An Advanced Degree in Public Health, Nursing or related field with more than five years of experience in public health program management.
- A strong knowledge of immunization programming, vaccinology and maternal and child health.
- At least five years practical experience in a senior management position and demonstrated capacity to provide strategic leadership to government and partner counterparts and at least five years working in public health and primary health care.
- Practical experience in immunization programs, in both urban and rural settings.
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Health structure in Nigeria.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office suites.
- Experience working with international immunization partners, such as USAID, WHO and UNICEF.
- Fluency in English.
JSI offers competitive salary and benefits.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: [email protected] using "State Immunization Advisor - COVID-19-Edo" as the subject of the email.
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. Women are encouraged to apply.