The Surgical Aid Foundation in Collaboration with Kelina Medical Limited is organizing its Annual Surgical Outreach Programme for 2021
Theme: Expanding Access to Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kelina Hospital in collaboration with Surgical Aid Foundation has been supporting citizens, especially the financially challenged in need of minimal access surgery here in Nigeria, each year since 2011.
This year, we are working to expand the access Nigerians have to healthcare, despite the economic challenges of the times. Advancement in medicine has made surgical procedures a lot safer and easier. Due to economic factors, the number of Nigerians who can access high-quality healthcare has reduced. Through the surgical aid program, Kelina Hospital is helping overcome location and financial constraints to accessing quality healthcare. We do this every year.
The surgeries for 2021 programme will begin on November 8, 2021.
The free tests and screening will begin on October 25, 2021.
A 2nd programme will hold in Victoria Island, Lagos, in March 2022.
The Subsidized Surgeries covered in this year's programme include:
- Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate (HoLEP) for BPH causing urinary obstruction
- Laser Lithotripsy for Kidney stones(RIRS, URS, or PCNL).
- Transurethral Resection of the Prostate(TURP).
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy for Gall stones.
- Laparoscopic Surgery for uterine fibroids; other Gynaecological cases.
- Penile implant surgery for Erectile Dysfunction.
- Artificial urethral sphincter for urinary incontinence
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery; other ENT cases.
- Selected Orthopaedic Minimally Invasive Surgical procedures.
There will also be:
- Free Dental Checks and discounted dental procedures
- Free PSA tests for males over 50 years of age
- Free Prostate ultrasound scan for males over 50 years of age.
The programme is targeted at our patients who earlier received a bill for surgery but could not come for their treatment due to inability to raise the fees. During this programme, the same surgery will be done at 50% of the surgery fee. The ost of othr items is not discounted. Other individuals who have never before presented for surgery can also join this programme. Only Minimally Invasive procedures will be considered, as has been the practice since 2011. Prospective participants should reach out to the contact persons if in doubt about the coverage of any procedure. Over 500 patients have benefitted from free tests and over 200 have benefitted from subsidized surgeries since 2011.
To register for the programme, please contact (text is preferred):
Programme Managers 07016837070
Liaison Office 07088697154
Alternatively, visit surgicalaidfoundation.org and register online. Those who are considered for surgery will be required to complete their pre-operative preparations and booking in advance of the surgery date selected.
Registration with SAF is free. Urologists and other surgeons are at liberty to apply to participate.