FSSP is part of the effort to make Canada’s development assistance in Nigeria more effective, more focused, and more accountable. FSSP’s mandate includes providing a range of services supporting the implementation of Canada's development programs in Nigeria to improve the quality of program delivery, including access to Technical Specialists and other consultants with local knowledge and experience; provision of administrative, logistical, procurement and financial services; and provision of support to local development initiatives for the execution of Canada’s development programs in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Specialist - Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, and Adolescent Health
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Part-time
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC) requires the services of a Senior Advisor on Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) to support GAC’s Nigeria Development Assistance Program.
- Canada’s Development Program in Nigeria is aligned with the Government of Nigeria’s National Strategic Health Development Plan II and guided by Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy, which prioritizes the empowerment of women and girls, and the integration of gender equality considerations across its health programming.
Description of Activities
- The advisor will provide technical services and advice to GAC to support its engagement in the health sector, with a focus on RMNCAH and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR).
- This includes project support (implementation, analysis of challenges, results and lessons learned, periodic site visits), policy dialogue and donor coordination, trend and policy analysis, and strategic planning.
- S/he will explicitly and systematically integrate women’s and girl’s empowerment as well as considerations related to reducing gender equality gaps and eliminating barriers linked to gender equality, vulnerability, and inclusion, into all aspects of her/his work.
Essential Qualifications / Experience
Post-graduate degree from an accredited, recognized institution in a relevant discipline such as women’s health, public health, global health, international development, sociology or another related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience working on international development projects in the areas of RMNCAH and SRHR.
- Demonstrated experience of 5 years or more providing advice, including drafting briefing notes, sectoral analyses, and monitoring and assessment reports for senior decision-makers in donor agencies, government or civil society organizations or private sector. Samples of work to be supplied upon request.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and/or external evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience engaging with donor states on RMNCAH/SRHR programming.
- Experience in the following subject matters: gender equality, social determinants of health, social/gender norms and/or behavior change in the context of health interventions.
- Global Affairs Canada policies, programs, and initiatives, particularly as they relate to gender equality, RMNCAH and SRHR.
- Nigeria’s health system at federal, state, and local government levels, including knowledge of health strategies, plans and flagship programs.
- Results-based management (RBM), including logic models/theories of change and performance measurement frameworks.
- Knowledge and application of approaches to public health in the Nigerian context.
- Knowledge and understanding of the global health context including international health architecture.
- Knowledge of global/regional partnerships for health around RMNCAH/SRHR.
Skills and Abilities:
Excellent skills in written and verbal communication, presentation and facilitation, and time management and delivery of finalised reports/deliverables by the deadline. Working knowledge of Hausa and other local language skills is an asset.
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download the expression of interest (EOI) format and detailed application instructions below. Completed EOI and other required documents must be returned by email to: [email protected] Make ‘RMNCAH’ the subject of your email.
Candidates must demonstrate in their CV, covering letter, and (EOI) how specifically they meet the above requirements.
Only applicants who follow the detailed instructions in the EOI format will be considered.