Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it's welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world's most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask "What if?" We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: USAID Nigeria Health Service Delivery Chief of Party
Job Identification: 104080
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Program Delivery
- Abt Associates seeks a highly experienced health sector expert as Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated health service delivery program in Nigeria.
- The program will strive to improve the access and quality of the delivery of health services through technical assistance to implement, rapidly scale up, and adapt proven interventions including reproductive health and family planning; maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health; nutrition; and malaria.
- Building on the achievements of recent USAID- and other donor-supported activities, Abt Associates will work through partnerships with the Government of Nigeria, Federal Ministry of Health, State Ministries of Health, local organizations, civil society, and communities to deliver quality integrated health services that sustainably improve the health status of the Nigerian population.
- This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria and is contingent upon award.
This Chief of Party role is best filled by a dynamic leader with vision, proven results, and tenacity, with key responsibilities including:
- Provides overall leadership of the entire project activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different components, actors, and geographies, with a focus on demonstrable impact in the health of populations as defined in the project scope of work.
- Cultivates strong relationships with the client, Federal and State Governments, local stakeholders, and implementing partners to create synergies across programs and ensure implementation of activities.
- Maintains overall responsibility and accountability for ensuring high-quality technical implementation, deliverables, and evidence-based results.
- Designs and oversees the project annual work plan in accordance with the USAID annual planning cycle.
- Oversees all financial report activities, which detail fund categories and status for core and field activities.
- Monitors the progress and pace of project implementation, assuring that the full potential of the program is realized through the promotion of high-quality work and internal control.
- Proactively identifies issues and risks related to activity implementation and suggests appropriate activity adjustments.
- Participates in technical networks, meetings, conferences, and select technical working groups as appropriate to represent the project and ensure effective collaboration on relevant technical and operational work.
- Clarifies roles, delegate responsibilities of senior staff and communicates expectations for staff contribution to project activities.
- Advanced Degree in Medicine plus credentials in Public Health, Social Sciences or related field with 15 years of experience in designing, implementing and managing large, complex health programs in developing countries.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior management role, preferably as a Chief of Party of a USAID integrated health or health service delivery (especially reproductive health; family planning; maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health; malaria; primary health care; or nutrition) project with multi-state geography, in Nigeria highly preferred.
- Ability to liaise effectively with and develop consensus among key stakeholders, including donors; national and local officials; public, private and civil society partners to assure effective collaboration among stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary, multicultural teams and ensure that project staff adhere to the highest standards of quality, relevance, and timeliness and reflect Abt’s values.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of geo-political, ethnic, cultural, and other factors affecting programming in Nigeria and the region highly preferred.
- Prior experience leading USAID-funded programs in Nigeria required and in the Sub-Saharan Africa region is highly desirable.
What We Offer
- We foster an environment where you can Thrive Your Way. Our innovative total rewards programs are designed to help balance your work and personal life. The approach toward your wellbeing centers around comprehensive benefits and professional development.
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2023; 04:41
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: