Applications are invited from qualified candidates for admission into the following programme available at University of Benin Teaching Hospital Training Schools.
1. School of Health Information Management
A. National Diploma Programme (ND)
- Prospective candidates must possess a minimum of Five (5) credit passes at not more than two sittings at WASSCE, GCE, NECO or NABTEB in the following areas: English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and any other subject from: Physics, Geography, Economics and Government.
- Candidates must have met the 2023/2024 JAMB / UTME national cut-off mark for public Polytechnics and Monotechnics.
B. Higher National Diploma Programme (HND)
- Candidate must possess the National Diploma (ND) Certificates in Health Information Management in addition to meeting the entry requirements as stipulated in "Ai" above.
- Candidates must possess certificates or letters of One-Year Industrial Training (I.T) from a recognized public health facility.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Candidate must possess the National Diploma (ND) are to pay a screening fee of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) only. Candidates who have not chosen the School previously in JAMB can go ahead to effect change of institution and course as the case may be after the stipulated screening fees have been paid.
- candidates for Higher National Diploma (HND) are to pay a non-refundable fee of Six Thousand (6,000.00) Naira only. All payments should be made into UBTH revenue account through the UBTH pay points.
Sales of admission forms will end on the 5th October, 2023
POST UTME / SCREENING:
Date: Saturday 7th October, 2023
Venue: The School Premises in UBTH
Time: 10:00am prompt
For further enquiry please call: 08063921117, 08080859693
NOTE: HND graduates of this institution are now being mobilized for NYSC
2. INSTITUTE OF HEALTH TECHNOLOGY
1. Public Health Nursing Officers - HND - 2years
2. Environmental Health Technology - ND/HND - 2/2years
3. Paramedic Technology - ND/HND 2/2years
4. Anaesthetic Technicians Course DIP - DIP - 3years
5. Orthopaedic Cast Technology - ND - 2year
6. Dental Surgery Technicians Course - DIP - 3years
7. Occupational Therapy Technicians Course - DIP - 3years
8. Dispensing Optics Technology - ND - 2years
9. Biomedical Engineering Technology Course (In the School of Biomedical Engineering) ND/HND 2/2years
DIP - Diploma, ND - National Diploma,
HND - Higher National Diploma
All applicants should possess a minimum of five (5) credit passes in not more than two sittings in WASSCE/NECO/GCE O'Level subjects, which should include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
For Programme 1
- Candidates are expected to possess at least one of the following requirements:
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (BSNc)
- Registered Midwife (RM), Registered Nurse (RN) Certificates
- Any Post Basic Nursing Certificate
- Candidate with Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNSc) would start at HND II, while those with RN/RM would start at HND I.
FOR HND in Programme 2 and 3
- Health Science is acceptable in place of Biology
- Candidates are expected to have obtained ND in respective fields in any acceptable institution.
Admission is through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
METHOD OF APPLICATION:ENT
Payment of a non-refundable fees of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) only at any of the UBTH Revenue Centre into the account: Training School Institute of Health Technology.
PROGRAMME 4 and 6
METHOD OF APPLICATION
i. Payment of a non-refundable fee of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000) only at any of the UBTH Revenue Centre into the account: Training School, Institute of Health Technology.
ii. Collect the application form from the Admission Office of the institute.
iii. Complete the application form and attach the evidence of payment and other relevant documents as indicated in the application form. \
Date: Saturday 19th August, 2023
Venue: Institute of Health Technology complex, UBTH, Benin City.
NOTE: Candidates are to come along with their acknowledgement card/slip, JAMB PRINT OUT SLIP (where applicable) and credentials. ]
For further enquiries, please call 08134630185, 08039734597.
3. SCHOOL OF BASIC MIDWIFERY
DURATION OF COURSE - THREE (3) YEARS
(a) Applicant must not be less than 16 years or above 34 years of age
(b) Possess five (5) credits in not more than two sitting in WAEC / NECO, NABTEB, SSCE / GCE/OL subjects which must include, English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- Application forms are obtainable from the Office of the Principal / Head of School of Midwifery on presentation of evidence of:
- Payment of a non-refundable fee of Ten Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N10,500) only payable to UBTH Account with TSA under the service type: Training School of Midwifery using REMITA platform in any bank in Nigeria OR
- Direct payment into UBTH Revenue unit
- Payment of Two Hundred (N200.00) Naira into Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria Edo State Committee Account - First Bank 2004854377
NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
a. Sales of forms commences May 2023
b. All forms must be purchased ONLY from the Office of the Principal / Head of School of Midwifery, UBTH
c. Candidates will be responsible for their accomodation and feeding during the examination period.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS:
- Completed application forms should be submitted to the school before the date of entrance examination.
- Date of Entrance Exam: Saturday 12th August 2023 at 8am
- Venue: School of Midwifery, UBTH, Benin City
- Please be informed that there is no online application form any of the above programmes in the UBTH Training schools, neither have we appointed anyone as agents of the institution for this purpose!!!
Joshua Uwaila, Esq
Head, Public Relation Unit,
For: Chief Medical Director