The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Country Director
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Career Category: Donor Relations / Grants Management
- The GAIN Nigeria office is now seeking a dynamic Deputy Country Director to support the Nigeria Director in fulfilling the vision and strategy of the food and nutrition portfolio, as well as contribute to securing future funding to ensure sustainability.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the Country Director with the development, implementation and quality management of the Nigeria strategy so it maximizes impact to transforming local food systems for better nutrition.
- Support the Country Director with the planning and tracking of progress of the implementation of the Nigeria strategy, including the development and review of annual business plans, to support the vision set out in the Nigeria strategy.
Resource Mobilisation, Advocacy and Communication:
- Acts as an advocate for private sector engagement in nutrition in Nigeria, on behalf of GAIN.
- Plan, guide and showcase GAIN Nigeria programmatic service delivery, research and achievements.
- Line manage a number of direct reports including supporting work plan development and performance management.
- Develop team members in order to maximize their contribution to the team and organization;
- Coach, guide and mentor leaders within programme team and the department so that they are effective as leaders and managers in managing their teams.
- Ensure the recruitment, management and development of high performing team in line with the demands of the programmatic strategy.
Key Organizational Relationships:
- Reports to Nigeria Director, GAIN Nigeria.
- Line management and mentoring of GAIN Nigeria Project Managers.
- Close collaboration with the Head of Operations, Head of Policy and advocacy, and technical specialists.
- Liaises regularly with GAIN Programme Services Team and Knowledge Leadership teams.
- Government, Donors, NGOs, Private Sector, Academia and others
Master's Degree level preferably in Nutrition, Food Science/Technology, Agriculture, Public Health, or Development
- Substantial management experience in leading international/economic development projects in multi-cultural environments working with and through governments, the private sector, civil society, and other partnerships.
- Strong experience in donor reporting, designing, setting up and coordinating, monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment systems and processes.
- Fluent in written and verbal English.
- Proficiency in local languages is highly desirable
- A willingness and ability to travel in Nigeria and overseas as and when required
- Excellent management, leadership, planning and strategic skills.
- Ability to use initiative, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours
- Friendly working environment
- Professional development opportunities
Application Closing Date
22nd August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send the Cover Letter and CV in Microsoft Word format detailing why they are suited for this role to: [email protected] using "GAIN_HOP" as the subject of the mail.
- Please mark the email for the attention of Becky Snead.
- The interview dates for this role will be confirmed with you should your application be successful.